"Flensburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Flensburg by Gentleman75
Flensburg Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 59 photos
Flensburg lies near the German-Danish border at the end of the approximately 35 km long Flensburg Fjord.
400,000 Germans and Danes live in the immediate neighbourhood with 85,000 in Flensburg itself.
Numerous attractions make Flensburg a popular tourist spot for many German and foreign visitors. It is worth walking through this lively town with its distinctive architecture, simply to look at the extensive restoration of the old town.
Flensburg is one of the few towns not destroyed during the Second World War. This means that a large number of historic buildings from various periods are still standing. The historic “Old Town”, characteristically German and Danish in its architecture, bears witness to Flensburg’s 700-year-old history.
You can read more about the history of Flensburg and You can find any other information about the town on the official website of Flensburg.
It was built before 1170 when the central urban settlement was established round it. more travel advice
This is a Danish church. Sorry, but I don't know when it was built. Maybe in the 13th or 14th century. more travel advice
Gentleman75's Related Pages
Flensburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Das flenst!"
- "Bonio goes to Flensburg"
- "Go a-Viking in Flensburg!"
- "A German City with a Danish Heart"
- "Last stop before Denmark"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Flensburg
- Hotels in Flensburg
- Transportation in Flensburg
- Nightlife in Flensburg
- Restaurants in Flensburg
- Shopping in Flensburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Flensburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flensburg
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Flensburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flensburg
Photos in FlensburgSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos