"Helgoland" Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland by Gentleman75
Helgoland Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 195 photos
Helgoland is Germany's one and only high sea island. It's situated about 70km from the mainland on the North Sea.
The climate is supported by the nearby Gulf Stream favourably what results an pleasand temperature: not too hot summer and not too cold winter.
Helgoland has an excellent clear and fresh air. Helgoland is Germany's richest place in iodine and oxygen. The island's poverty of pollens helps allergic persons an asthmatics a lot. The healling aerosols of the sea have their positive effects on all respiratory diseases. Symptoms of that disease often fail to appear under the conditions of the curative climate.
The island has unique and tremendous flora and fauna, the world famous Helgoland lobster as well as the island's specialty, the "Knieper" (the scissors of the common crab) meaning a feast for all gourmets.
And there is one more thing: the duty free shops. But be careful! When You leave the island You have to show what You bought in duty free shops. It is necessary because there is definded export limit per person.
There are three possibilities to get to the island:
1. by plane
2. by a simple boat
3. by a high-speed catamaran
You can get more information about the island and the prices of the trips on the official website of Helgoland:
We got to the island by a high-speed catamaran, so this photo is not taken by me. I've downloaded it from the official website of Helgoland.
We got to the island by a high-speed catamaran. The journey started in Norddeich where we got on a ferryboat. It took us to Norderney where we get on the high-speed catamaran.
The trip by the catamaran was excellent, but because of the windy weather I had a "little" sea-sick...
- In a nutshell:"Just like Heaven" - The Cure
Gentleman75's Related Pages
Helgoland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Helgoland - A pearl in the Northsea"
- "A Quiet Little Island in Germany's North Sea"
- "Sweet little island"
- "Helgoland, a red rock in the Northsea"
- "The island exchanged for Zanzibar"
- "Helgoland- Rocky island of the german Nordsee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helgoland
- Transportation in Helgoland
- Restaurants in Helgoland
- Shopping in Helgoland
- Warnings and Dangers in Helgoland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helgoland
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Helgoland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helgoland
Photos in HelgolandSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos