"Hallstatt" Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt by Gentleman75
Hallstatt Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 684 photos
Hallstatt has a 4500 years old history (You can read about it on the official website of Hallstatt).
This village originally based on salt-mining on the lake- and hillside, but now, beside the salt-mining, the main incoming source is the turism.
Hallstatt is 500m high above sea-level on the side of the Lake of Hallstatt.
Hallstatt is the loveliest place I've been before. It's impossible to write down the feeling of the village. It's just like heaven...
The life is a little bit expensive in Hallstatt, but You will forget about it when You spend Your holiday here.
I can't tell You more about Hallstatt! You must see this village once in a lifetime...at least...
There are a lot of things You can do in Hallstatt and its area.
You can take a sightseeing trip on the Lake of Hallstatt. You can visit the Salt-mine, the Charnel-House, the Ice Cave and the Mammoth Cave.
You can climb mountains (for example the Krippenstein 2100m high above sea-level).
Or You can just enjoy the fresh and clear air resting on the lakeside.
The Giant Ice Cave is one of the largest caves in the world. It's the most spectacular tourist attraction in the... more travel advice
Krippenstein is 2100m high above sea-level, so if You are in good condition then You can climb this mountain or You can... more travel advice
Gentleman75's Related Pages
Hallstatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hallstatt . . . my inspiration"
- "Heavenly Hallstatt......."
- "Hallstatt...it’s paradise!"
- "Beautiful Hallstatt"
- "Hallstatt a great place to spend your time!"
- "Historical, magical, beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hallstatt
- Hotels in Hallstatt
- Transportation in Hallstatt
- Nightlife in Hallstatt
- Restaurants in Hallstatt
- Shopping in Hallstatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Hallstatt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hallstatt
- 20 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Hallstatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hallstatt
Photos in HallstattSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos