"Werfen" Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen by Gentleman75
Werfen Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 178 photos
The historic market town of Werfen is located in the heart of the Salzburger Land, nestled amid a wild and romantic Alpine world between Hochk?nig und Tennengebirge mountains. Its most famous attractions are the Giant Ice-Cave, the largest ice cave discovered in the world, and the town's emblem, the imposing fortress Hohenwerfen.
Werfen is 540 meters high above the sea-level.
The official website of Werfen is:
Don't miss to visit the waterfall in Golling an der Salzach. It's situated about 20km north of Werfen. If You need more... more travel advice
Approx. 40 km south of the city of Salzburg, Hohenwerfen Castle towers above the Salzach Valley as a strategic bulwark... more travel advice
Gentleman75's Related Pages
Werfen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great daytrip from Salzburg"
- "Hohenwerfen Castle"
- "At the heart of Salzburg region"
- "A Magical Wedding at a Magical Place"
- "The setting for the movie "Where eagles dare""
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Werfen
- 14 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Werfen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Werfen
Photos in WerfenSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos