"North Stradbroke Island" North Stradbroke Island by Gentleman75
North Stradbroke Island Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 26 photos
North Stradbroke Island is one of Queensland's natural treasures and a perfect weekend or mid-week breakaway destination, located right on the doorstep of Brisbane.
North Stradbroke Island is easily accessible by fast water taxi or vehicular ferry from Cleveland. Cleveland is about 45 minutes drive from Brisbane City.
North Stradbroke Island is one of the largest sand islands in the world, with kilometres of white sandy beaches fringing the island's eastern side. The calm waters of Moreton Bay lap against the shores of the island's western fishing towns. With an incredible diversity of experiences to offer and beautiful spots to explore, North Stradbroke is a popular holiday location for families, couples and adventure-seekers alike.
North Stradbroke's unspoilt beaches and headlands are perfect for swimming, surfing and fishing year round. The island is the ultimate paradise for the many camping and 4WD enthusiasts too who visit each year.
North Stradbroke Island has three main townships - Point Lookout, Amity Point and Dunwich. All townships are connected by bitumen roads, offer safe swimming spots and scenic walking areas.
Enjoy the beauty of the nature and see the waves smashing to the rocks. Try to take photos about the biggest ones. more travel advice
Gentleman75's Related Pages
North Stradbroke Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "North Stradbroke Island"
- "Straddie....our little dream"
- "Visiting Stradbroke Island - "Maddie on Straddie""
- "Lookout Point"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Stradbroke Island
- Hotels in North Stradbroke Island
- Transportation in North Stradbroke Island
- Warnings and Dangers in North Stradbroke Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Stradbroke Island
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to North Stradbroke Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Stradbroke Island
Top 10 Pages
- State of Queensland Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siofok Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hallstatt Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helgoland Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Konstanz Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiel Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Werfen Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wilhelmshaven Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamington National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos