"Milos" Milos by JuliaK
Milos Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 106 photos
Milos is the southwesternmost island of the Cyclades, halfway between Piraeus and Crete. It is the fifth largest Cycladic island and a permanent population of 3.222. The bay of Milos is one of the largest natural harbors of the Mediterannean.
Milos is a volcanic island that emerged between 2.5 million and 500 thousand years ago. The result of a volcanic explosion, the island hosts a number of mineral springs and mining pits.
The south coast is laced with all kinds of sea caves and coves, that, according to legend, were used as hiding places by pirates in the middle ages. The island also boasts of impressive catacombs that were dug out in Klema in the early Christian era and are considered among the world's best.
The page is not ready yet...just a bit of patience is needed to download and the upload the pictures..and they MANY!!! Hopefully this will happen within this week...
It is something out of a fiction scenario.... Nature in the most creative hour... more travel advice
A wonderful, exotic, sandy beach, that exends for hundreds of meters on either way of a huge boulder that fell off the... more travel advice
JuliaK's Related Pages
Milos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Milos is for lovers"
- "Milos, a Cyclades island"
- "Bit harder to get to"
- "Milos... the island with 1000 paradisiac beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Milos
- Hotels in Milos
- Restaurants in Milos
- Warnings and Dangers in Milos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milos
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Milos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandroupolis Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Milos Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Prefecture of Evros Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bath Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Veroia Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue