"The beauty of the north Agean Sea" Samothraki Island by JuliaK
Samothraki Island Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 131 photos
Samothraki is a very quiet island, ideal for relaxed vacations close to nature. The island has only a few small sandy beaches,because most of them are rocky and wild...even untouched by humans but the most exciting thing is the mainland, the mountain, the rivers, lakes and waterfalls where you can swim.Saos mountain is the tallest mountain of the Aegean next to those of Crete. It is said (from Homer) that Poseidon used to sit there and watch the Trojan War. During the ancient times also attracted visitors from the whole of Greece, due to the Kaviria Mysteries, dedicated to the 12 Gods.
Samothraki since then have certainly changed a lot...but it still has that "mystery" around...
JuliaK's Related Pages
Samothraki Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Samothraki, the island of the Great Gods"
- "Samothraki, a Hidden Treasure !!"
- "the mountain island"
- "Samothraki, The Island of the Great Gods"
- "The beauty of the north Agean Sea"
- "Wild & beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samothraki Island
- Hotels in Samothraki Island
- Transportation in Samothraki Island
- Nightlife in Samothraki Island
- Restaurants in Samothraki Island
- Shopping in Samothraki Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Samothraki Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Samothraki Island
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Samothraki Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samothraki Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandroupolis Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Milos Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Prefecture of Evros Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bath Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Veroia Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue