"Veroia- The capital of Imathia" Veroia by JuliaK
Veroia Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 36 photos
Veroia is the most ancient city of Macedonia. It has been there for 2700 years now, with the same name and at the same place.
It is build amfitheatrically at the foot of the mountain Vermion
I have to go again this summer so my tips will be more up to date. A very close friend of mine is from Veroia and Panos as well, so I have two very good reasons to visit Veroia again and again!!!
Veroia is so much different than Alexandroupolis and its a plus for me to appreciate it under an another perspective. First of all they don't have sea, but they do have nice mountains. They have brilliant shops (shopping paradise for women!!!) with expensive Greek and foreign brands. Thats if you can afford it and people in Veroia know how to spend on clothes!!!
Excellent night life- for me at least, with many bars with a different character since most of them are in the "old town" the part of the town with all the nice and old buildings. (you can check my off the beaten tips for a small taste of the "old town")
- In a nutshell:When you "meet" Veroia it is hard to forget!!!
Any visitor should walk around the old part of Veroia. There you will find all the nice traditional houses many cafes... more travel advice
JuliaK's Related Pages
Veroia Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Veroia
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Veroia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Veroia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bristol Intro, 37 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 14 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alexandroupolis Intro, 13 reviews, 8 photos
- Milos Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Prefecture of Evros Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bath Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Veroia Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue