"The Last of the unspoiled family beaches?" Sunset Beach by VA_Dave
Sunset Beach Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 21 photos
When I was growing up in Virginia, we use to go to unspoiled beaches Atlantic coast beaches, but most are very built up and commercial now.
But there is one perfect one left: Sunset Beach located between North and South Carolina.
No condos or high rises, just cottages. No boardwalk, just a couple of convenience stores.
A perfect hideaway to go with friends and family.
There is an old drawbridge linking Sunset Beach with the mainland, and there are plans
to replace it with a monstrosity of a concrete bridge. I fear that will be the end on this
eden. So better visit while you can.
My favorite activites:
1. Trek to the wildlife preserve on the adjacent Bird Island and read the Kindred Spirit jounal entries and maybe leave some of your own thoughts.
2. Get up a dawn and kayak or canoe through the marshes to the intra coastal waterway.
There are birds everywhere and you can drift right up to them. It you go past the
draw bridge you can sometimes draft up to herd of small wild goats on Bird Island.
3. Build the ultimate sand castle - my specialty is the Eiffel Tower.
VA_Dave's Related Pages
Sunset Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perhaps the most natural of the Carolina beaches"
- "The only pontoon bridge on the east coast ICW"
- "The Last of the unspoiled family beaches?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sunset Beach
- Hotels in Sunset Beach
- Transportation in Sunset Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sunset Beach
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sunset Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sunset Beach
Top 10 Pages
- Zermatt 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Lake Laberge Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Whitehorse Intro, 1 review, 10 photos
- Brinkley Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Klondike Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Washington D.C. 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Cape Canaveral Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos