"Searching for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker" Brinkley by VA_Dave
Brinkley Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
We had a great trip searching for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker in the cypress swamps near Brinkley, AR on January 18-19, 2009. Even though we did not claim the $50,000 prize for locating the elusive IBW, we did see eagles, pileated and downy woodpeckers, sapsuckers, otters, beautiful cypress trees, beaver signs, etc. Our guide was great and it was not too cold for canoeing.
Here are some videos I took.
- Pros:Beautiful cypress swamp with many interesting plants and animals
- Cons:It can be cold in January.
- In a nutshell:Next time we will find the ivory billed woodpecker!
We had a great trip searching for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker in the cypress swamps near Brinkley, AR on January 18-19,... more travel advice
VA_Dave's Related Pages
Brinkley Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Brinkley
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Brinkley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brinkley
Photos in BrinkleySee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Zermatt 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Lake Laberge Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Whitehorse Intro, 1 review, 10 photos
- Brinkley Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Klondike Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Washington D.C. 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Cape Canaveral Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Tanzania Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos