"Budget the Luxuries first and always rub her feet" ardelean's Profile
Paris of the East, well it has an Arc De Triomf. It's getting cleaner, but the taxi drivers still want to rip you off. Stupid! because the foreigners leave.
The dogs bark incessently.
Travel by train and relax. An overnight sleeper is cheaper than staying at an hotel. The roads are a white knuckle ride, more exciting than the big dipper at Blackpool.
Essentail Romanian Noroc
A warm and loving city, although the polution makes it difficult to see the mountains. Gateway to Bulgaria, land of the roses.
Travel by train and relax, because the roads are getting better.
Essential Bulgarian: Gulama Rakia, molia
There are fewer stray dogs in Soifia
Powercuts and potholes. Don't travel outside the cities at night, and walk down the middle of the lighted street, if there is one.
If you have lots of money stay at the Rogner or the International, but the rest of us stay at the other hotels for US$30 a night.
The dogs are too weak to bark.
Train travel is different. The carriages are older than those in Northern Ireland! On the roads, a fast journey averages 40 kph in most of Albania, but watch out for the new roads - not all the bridges have been built!
The roads are good and the people friendly. Lots to do and see, but stay away during the F1 race weekend, unless you love racing.
Very few stray dogs, but lots of chinese restaurants.
Trains are fast, reliable and inexpensive, so book early.
The roads are congested and full of traffic with no passing spaces. A good average is 40 kph, but the first 25 km takes an hour. The people are very polite and hospitable. The temperature is constant - on a hot day it is 85 ?F and on a cool day it is 75 ?F but generally it varies between 80 ?F and 82 ?F. The sun rises about 6.15 a.m. ? 10 minutes and sets about 6.17 p.m. ? 10 minutes for most of the year, but watch out for the rain.
The dogs are well behaved and hardly ever bark.
Trains are interesting. There are reputed to be 400 unions involved in running the rail network so things get complicated and trains often run late, but the company is cheerful and entertaining on some of the longer journeys and then there is the scenery
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Virginia Beach Hotels
- New Orleans Hotels
- Fort Bonifacio Hotels
- Hurghada Hotels
- East Nashville Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Narragansett Beach Hotels
- Pondicherry Hotels
- Catawba Island Hotels
- Kowloon Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Bronx Hotels
- Penticton Hotels
- La Spezia
- Kalpakkam Hotels
- Laoag City
- Eilat Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 112 Reviews
- 90 Photos
- 19 Countries
- 24 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Posted in Travel Constanta Forum "Re: Constanta Romania"
- Wrote a Review A friendly beauty studio in Bucharest Shopping
- Commented on ardelean's profile page
- ardelean and philosykos are now friends.
- updated a Dhaka Travel Page "Traffic jams are part of life"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bridges in Dhaka"
updated their Profile Page "Budget the Luxuries first and always rub her feet"
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doncaster Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Trincomalee Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ankara Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- York Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sofia Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Accra Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Pretoria 7 reviews
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos