"Budget the Luxuries first and always rub her feet" ardelean's Profile
Paris of the East, well it has an Arc De Triomf. It's getting cleaner, but the taxi drivers still want to rip you off. Stupid! because the foreigners leave.
The dogs bark incessently.
Travel by train and relax. An overnight sleeper is cheaper than staying at an hotel. The roads are a white knuckle ride, more exciting than the big dipper at Blackpool.
Essentail Romanian Noroc
A warm and loving city, although the polution makes it difficult to see the mountains. Gateway to Bulgaria, land of the roses.
Travel by train and relax, because the roads are getting better.
Essential Bulgarian: Gulama Rakia, molia
There are fewer stray dogs in Soifia
Powercuts and potholes. Don't travel outside the cities at night, and walk down the middle of the lighted street, if there is one.
If you have lots of money stay at the Rogner or the International, but the rest of us stay at the other hotels for US$30 a night.
The dogs are too weak to bark.
Train travel is different. The carriages are older than those in Northern Ireland! On the roads, a fast journey averages 40 kph in most of Albania, but watch out for the new roads - not all the bridges have been built!
The roads are good and the people friendly. Lots to do and see, but stay away during the F1 race weekend, unless you love racing.
Very few stray dogs, but lots of chinese restaurants.
Trains are fast, reliable and inexpensive, so book early.
The roads are congested and full of traffic with no passing spaces. A good average is 40 kph, but the first 25 km takes an hour. The people are very polite and hospitable. The temperature is constant - on a hot day it is 85 ?F and on a cool day it is 75 ?F but generally it varies between 80 ?F and 82 ?F. The sun rises about 6.15 a.m. ? 10 minutes and sets about 6.17 p.m. ? 10 minutes for most of the year, but watch out for the rain.
The dogs are well behaved and hardly ever bark.
Trains are interesting. There are reputed to be 400 unions involved in running the rail network so things get complicated and trains often run late, but the company is cheerful and entertaining on some of the longer journeys and then there is the scenery
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 105 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
- Wrote a Review Taxis to town about Otopeni Airport in Bucharest Transportation
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: How important is cash when..."
- Commented on ardelean's profile page
- ardelean and jfveenman are now friends.
- created a Ranchi Travel Page "Ranchi, capital of Jharkhand"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lancaster Maritime Museum"
updated their Profile Page "Budget the Luxuries first and always rub her feet"
Top 10 Pages
- Bucharest Intro, 18 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doncaster Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Trincomalee Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ankara Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- York Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Accra Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Addis Ababa Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Pretoria 7 reviews
- Riga Region Intro, 6 reviews
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos