"Hello World..." sundancekid's Profile

The only thing you have to do is taking some steps, put one foot in front of the other and react on what comes to you.

It's like a marble....Take it , absorbe it. Hold it directly in front of your eye, see the wrinkles, the structure, the shades and colors... Observe it from a distance, see it's form, how it twinkles for you. Feel the smoothness, the roughness, the fine edges and hard curves... Then throw it away and see how it is being absorbed by it's own environment... Remains a memory that you can keep forever.

Some things about me...

I have always been sceptic of telling about my life in a public place like the internet but my travels are a part of me like the eyes in my head and the teeth in their sockets... Neh, I will not get too detailed.

My name is René, I was born in Holland, but after 23 years I thought it was time to leave that country, so I had the opportunity to move to Switzerland, where I currently am. I enjoy my life in Zurich, there's always something to do, esspecially in summer. I love the lake, the river through the city, all highly allright for swimming.

My favotire country so far.... Tunesia, That's very personal, but this country gave a meaning to a lot of things I never experienced before

My favorite book so far.... it's the author.... Haruki Murakami, Japanese. What he writes is so real and surreal at the same time and... True. The meaning of his words go as deep as a cave, as deep as the ocean, but do we know what is in there?

My favorite movie so far.... Hard one, but I ask myself to write it down. Mmmh.... Ghostdog for it's calmness and wit. Casino for its speed. Koyanisquatsi for its reality.... ah in reality I don't have a favorit.

Favorite musik so far.... bwoh, a lot, nothing specific. Music is either good or sucks.

Favorite beer.... Ah what to say, beer is beer, every beer is good and haelthy. Never drink less than one liter a day and you'll reach the 90th birthday. But the favorite is White Beer, Hoegaarden, Schneider Weisse.... etc.

Favorite woman.... my girlfriend, and she's hard to beat, probably even unbeatable!!!!

FUTURE TRIP to Carbic and South Amerika

It's coming closer and I'm geting worried, excited, can't sleep anymore, my hair is turning grey, I drink too much alcohol.... WAAAAAHHHH..... but I'm looking forward to it!!

I will start in Cuba, with a good friend of mine we will suck up the vibrating life and digest it. After two weeks he'll fly home and from there on nothing is fixed. My plans are to visit Jamaica, Saba or St. Maarten, Suriname, Brazzzzil, Chile and Bolivia. I want to master the art of Surfing the waves and diving. I want to pick 3 or 4 interesting cities to spent a few weeks (maybe rent a room).... ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!! One of them will be on Jamaica.... well, it's a dream destination. Ever had the experience when you were a kid that you heard of places... these wonderfull stories... and you thought 'that's sooo far away, that'll be something I'll never see!'. And as a grown up you have the chance to make that dream come true... That's my Jamaica feeling.

This concept of living in a place for some weeks hopefully prevents me from getting overwhelmed with new impressions that I can't process at the time and have forgotten when I'm home.
The other thing that is important for me is to not have a vague, swift impression of something but to experience it, see how it changes, feel it's movement and to be carried away on it.

• Intro Updated Aug 17, 2003

• Yso's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 12:30 AM

Have a great time in Latin America!

• mangueirense's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 4:35 AM

Rene, I liked to read very muchthat you will going to Southamerica soon, and in especial that you'll visit BRAZZZZZZIL, my favourite country! If you need a helping hand in planning your trip there, please contact me! Greetings from a Brazil-junkie ...;-)

• Yiannis2000's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 7:07 AM

good luck with your new travel adventures Rene!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!