"Niagara Falls, and lakes Errie and Ontario Region." schnezana's Profile

There is a lot of water around here

There is a great deal of water around my little village of Lewiston. If you come in the warm weather and stay around for the cold weather you may see the falls freeze, and get to look at the ice bridges. It was allowed in the past to walk out on the ice bridges, and sometimes it was possible to cross from the USA into Canada by crossing the Niagara River. There are three ships, "Maids of the Mist", that go under the falls. Actually passing under the falls through what is called, "The Cave of the Winds". I have not taken it because you get wet, and I don't like to have my cameras wet.

Lake Errie and the Erie Canal are nearby, and Lake Ontario is very nearby. Toronto is an hour or two drive away, and stands in for New York City in many motion pictures.

There is a casino in Niagara Falls, owned and opperated by the Seneca Indian Nation. This region has seven Indian Nations and several forts left from the war of 1812. Both on the American and Canadian sides.

You must see the riot of colors in the fall (middle of October) as the leaves turn colours on the trees. Oh, how magnificient! It is one of the most beautiful seasons and spectacles you will ever see.

Some history about me

I came to this area in November of 1995 and have been living in my little village now for seven years.

Prior to that I lived in five different countries in Europe (Germany, Ireland, France, Italy , and Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic).

I was raised in Los Angeles and in 1987 I took my first European holiday which was to have been an eleven day trip, I stretched it into eight years and photographed all of the old buildings, monuments, statues, and fountains I coud get in the lense of my Nikons.

Mostly, too poor to print many of them up, I have them in pastic pockets and carry them around in a big binder. I cary all my travels around in my mind. I have enough music in my heart to make life dance! You?

Watch this site for photographs of the new journey

Soon, I will depart on an eight month journey to reconnect with dear old friends and to meet some recent messenger friends and make as many new friends as I can.

I love people and places more than anything except life itself.

• Intro Updated Jan 3, 2003

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!