"Thuringia - Holidays in the very center of Germany" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen by Thuringia
Land Thüringen Travel Guide: 1,196 reviews and 4,102 photos
In Central Germany
Land Thüringen / Thueringen / Thüringer Regionen und Flüsse
Between Saale, Unstrut, Ilm, Weiße Elster, Osterland, Thüringisches Vogtland, Schiefergebirge, Thüringer Wald, Rhön, Rennsteig, Werratal, Hainich, Eichsfeld, Thüringer Becken, Kyffhäuser and Harz.
Federal Free State
Thuringia is a Free Federal State of Germany, with 2.46 million inhabitants.
Where is Thuringia?
Thuringia is found in the very heart of Germany, to the south-west of Berlin, north-west of Nuremberg and north-east of Frankfurt am Main. It used to be part of East Germany.
What is the capital of Thuringia?
The State Capital of Thuringia is ERFURT. It has a population of 204,000 inhabitants and is situated in the very centre of Thuringia. It has a medieval town centre, which is over 1250 years old.
What is the Rennsteig?
The real treasure among all rambling trails in Thuringia is the Rennsteig, the high-altitude long-distance trail of 168km length. It stretches along the entire length of the Thuringian Forest mountain range from West to East, passing all the high summits and affording fantastic views over the whole of Thuringia. It is praised in many songs and is probably the most famous of all rambling trails in Germany.
Why do so many towns start with Bad?
Bad is the German word for Bath or Spa. Towns beginning with Bad have a long tradition as healing spas and offer the visitor of today a combination of traditional and modern health treatment facilities.
From Thuringia (Land Thüringen) to Bavaria (Land Bayern) Towns and localities, sights and landscapes, 'Beer and... more travel advice
The consular region comprises the states of Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt, and Thuringia. It is located in Leipzig (Land... more travel advice
Thuringia's Related Pages
Land Thüringen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Green Heart of Germany - Thuringia"
- "Nature, history and modernity - Under construction"
- "Rolling green landscapes brimming with culture"
- "My Quiet Corner of Thüringen"
- "Thuringia - Holidays in the very center of Germany"
- "Historic pictures of Salzmannschule"
- "Welcome to THURINGIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Thüringen
- Hotels in Land Thüringen
- Transportation in Land Thüringen
- Nightlife in Land Thüringen
- Restaurants in Land Thüringen
- Shopping in Land Thüringen
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Thüringen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Land Thüringen
- 28 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Land Thüringen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Thüringen
- updated a Land Thüringen Travelogue "Other favorite pages: Frankfurt (O.) - Brandenburg"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Thuringia - Holidays in the very center of Germany"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "German umlaute are displayed as ?"
- Wrote a Review Bicycle tour at the Ilmtal-Radwanderweg in Land Thüringen Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen Intro, 11 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Apolda Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos, 2 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Erfurt Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Harz Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Bad Sulza Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Frankfurt Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Szczecin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paulinzella Intro, 1 review, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Golzow Intro, 1 review, 2 photos