"Nieuwegein, the Netherlands" Nieuwegein by Appeltje
Nieuwegein Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 83 photos
I moved to Nieuwegein in 1975 and l still live there. I now live in the north of the city together with my girlfriend Helga.
Although I live here, I don't have such a strong bond with this city as people might expect.
Most of the people here go to Utrecht for shopping and going out and so do I.
Nieuwegein is a small city of about 63.000 inhabitants just south of the capital Utrecht of the province with the same name in the center of the Netherlands.
Two little villages, Jutphaas in the north and Vreeswijk in the south merged together in the mid 1970's and a new city was build.
Some statistics (2000)
32.05 km2 (from wich 6% water),
2087 inhabitants per km2.
For those people who don?t know much about the Dutch and European history, you might check the following link:
Historical atlas of Europe
and specifically if you want to know something more about how the Low Countries, included The Netherlands developed click on the Benelux button.
Appeltje's Related Pages
Nieuwegein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rather boring, but with a few surprises"
- "Nieuwegein, Netherlands"
- "Nieuwegein, the Netherlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nieuwegein
- Transportation in Nieuwegein
- Restaurants in Nieuwegein
- Shopping in Nieuwegein
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nieuwegein
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nieuwegein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nieuwegein
Photos in NieuwegeinSee All Photos (4)
Top 5 Pages
- Canada Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Crete Island Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nieuwegein Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.