"The higher one flies, the farther one sees." Worldtraveler's Profile

It's + fun when u have a friend @ the destination

"The world is an open book. Those who don't travel just read the first page." Quoting St. Agostine.

I've been traveling all over the world. My work takes me to many destinations, and I also hit the road during my vacations. I've been to all countries in South America, most countries in Europe and I live in North America. I have tons of friends all over the globe and they are always willing to help and make new friends. So, don't hesitate to contact me for tips, friends' numbers, etc.
The ride is more pleasant when you know a native (local).

I am here to learn and have fun.

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool." So what? Fools have a lot of fun.
"To weep is to risk being called sentimental." Of course I'm sentimental. I love it. Tears can help.
"To reach out to another is to risk involvement." Who's risking involvement? I want to be involved.
"To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self."What else do I have to show?
"To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive." Oh, I'm called worse things than that.
"To love is to risk not being loved in return." I don't love to be loved in return.
"To live is to risk dying." I'm ready for it. Don't you dare shed one tear if you hear that I blew up in the air or dropped dead. I did with enthusiasm.
"To hope is to risk despair, and to try is to risk failure." But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing. The person who risk nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live. Chained by his certitudes, he's a slave. He's forfeited his freedom. Only the person who risks is truly free. try and see what happens."
Leo Buscaglia

Thus a child learns:

"By wiggling skills through his fingers and his toes, into himself. By soaking up habits and attitudes of those around him; by pushing and pulling his own world. Thus a child learns, more through trial than error, more through pleasure than pain, more through experience than suggestion and telling, and through suggestion than direction. And thus a child learns through affection, through love, through patience, through understanding, through belonging, through doing and through being. Day by day the child comes to know a little bit of what you know, a little bit of what you think and understand. That which you dream and believe are in truth what is becoming that child. As you perceive dully or clearly, as you think fuzzily or sharply, as you believe foolish or wisely, as you dream drably or goldenly, as you bear false witness or tell the truth, thus a child learns."

Zen Koan

"My barn having burned down I can now see the moon and the stars. Is the barn's destruction a tragedy or a blessing? Right you are if you think you are."

Together we are so much more

"We think much less than what we know. We know much less than what we love. We love much less than what there is. And to this precise extent, we are much less than what we are."

Fire

"Love lights more fire than hate extinguishes."

HUGS

You may even be a ‘standoffish’ type, but let me tell you, "There's nothing like a hug."
We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.
We need 12 hugs a day for growth.

The joy of writing a book

Teaching children of all ages about traveling and environment.

• Intro Updated Feb 28, 2012

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Worldtraveler's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes, friends. You are my best present.

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Have a great birthday, Joey!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hey Joey, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes .... :)

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Joey, your user name is very special, so you have to keep travel to leave your steps; your motto is meaningful, I would like to share it. A warm happy birthday greeting to you from Malaysia. Wish you healthy and wealthy to keep more travelling and VT sharing. Cheers.

• JennysTravels's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2011 at 5:48 AM

Where can we have a look at your children's book? Big congrats!

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Joey, Things have not changed. I still enjoyed your homepage and albums. I love your interest in planes.....Blue Angels....yes! :-)

• Lady_Mystique's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Thanks for the birthday greetings Joey! You really are an amazing man!!! Hugs, Maria Annastasia

• llauraa's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Happy Birthday Joey. Hope you are having a great day!

• Marpessa's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM

Happy Birthday! Best wishes!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Worldtraveler's Profile Photo

Worldtraveler

“Friends are treasures. Share your life to multiply your happiness.”

Ranked Member