Ohrid Things to Do Tips by say-no-more
Ohrid Things to Do: 392 reviews and 1,107 photos
what else to say about these guys, that haven't been said already...? well, nothing really, but that they have contributed so much to the rise of the slavic nations, and we thank them a lot for that. ok, not all of us - i bet that the school kids and students that have to learn about the many things the two of them have done wouldn't agree with me..:))
but, anyways, thank you guys! :))
the reason that i've put up this link is that i didn't remember much about this church, and i think that it's worth knowing something abouth it. i don't like to copy/paste someone elses text, so i gave you this link for you to check it out yourselves. same goes for the st. sophia church
if you're not lucky, and you're in ohrid off-season, don't forget to at least soak your feet in the lake. that's just something you must do:)
and don't trust my friend polardabar when he says that it's my pink nail polish. i would never wear that. :P
Address: anywhere on the lake
a boat on the crn drim spring
The position of the monastery on a high cliff above the lake offers a stunning views of the lake and its surroundings.
The Springs of Black Drim are near the monastery of St. Naum. Forty-five springs make a huge, lake like spring, which flows into Lake Ohrid here, and out at Struga, 30 km across the lake
The Monastery of St. Naum of Ohrid is located on the southern side of the lake ohrid, in the beautiful surrounding of the macedonian-albanian border.
The monastery was originally established by St. Naum himself in the year 900. St. Naum was a contemporary of St. Clement of Ohrid and one of the disciples of the brothers Cyril and Methodious.
The monastery has been one of the leading religious and cultural centers of the Macedonian Christians during the past 11 centuries. Thousands of pilgrims visit the grave of St. Naum who was buried in the monastery. Now, the grave is in a small beautifully frescoed chapel.
There is a legend about hearing St. Naums heartbeats when you standing near the grave. Of course, it's only the water batting against the rocks beneath the monastery, but it sounds really scary...
if you climb up the ohrid fort you'll get an unforgettable view of the city and the lake. be careful if it's raining - the stairs of the fort are really slippery
Directions: the fort is on the hill. you can't miss it:)
just underneath the ohrid fort there is a wonderful amphitheater that takes you back to time..
Directions: underneath the fort
More Reviews (15)
- See All the view V.
- food shopping
- the albanian border
- See All on the boat
say-no-more's Related Pages
Ohrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ohridskoto Ezero"
- "Ohrid - City of centuries"
- "OHRID - MACEDONIA'S RIVIERA"
- "Ohrid – Treasury of Religious Art"
- "Sveti Jovan Kaneo - "Before the Rain""
- "SECOND OFFICIAL VT DINNER IN OHRID"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ohrid
- Hotels in Ohrid
- Transportation in Ohrid
- Nightlife in Ohrid
- Restaurants in Ohrid
- Shopping in Ohrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Ohrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ohrid
- 23 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ohrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ohrid
Photos in OhridSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Sofia Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Athens Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Thessaloniki Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Skopje Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Karlovac Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- other churches & monasteries- 56 Reviews, 172 Photos
- on the lake...- 20 Reviews, 52 Photos
- samuil fortress- 29 Reviews, 81 Photos
- st. sophia- 23 Reviews, 64 Photos
- st. jovan kaneo- 18 Reviews, 49 Photos
- old town & architecture- 26 Reviews, 55 Photos
- amphitheater- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- st. naum- 14 Reviews, 35 Photos
- plaoshnik- 13 Reviews, 37 Photos
- st. climent- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
See All Ohrid Things to Do