"The rivers of Karlovac" Karlovac by say-no-more
Karlovac Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 149 photos
Karlovac is an amazing product of croatia's rich history. It was built in the 16th century. The fortress of Karlovac is only partially preserved. However, the ground plan of the city, which was built within a six-pointed star bounded by moats, still exists. Also untouched is the grid of the original ten streets which intersect each other at right angles, with their 24 planned blocks of houses and the square in the centre.
you can find out more at http://www.hr/hrvatska/HRgradovi/Karlovac/uvod-en.htm
one of the most interesting things about karlovac is the fact that it lays on 4 rivers: kupa, korana, dobra and mreznica. this is my story about those rivers. i have already been swimming in 3 of them (kupa and dobra as a kid) and in mreznica last weekend. that leaves me just with korana, and i already have plans for conquering that one also:)
check out my 'of the beaten path' tips for pics from korana
- Pros:the beautiful rivers
- In a nutshell:4 rivers people!!!
there is a spring near the river, where you can drink fresh water that runs from the rocks. on the picture is an old... more travel advice
say-no-more's Related Pages
Karlovac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of four rivers"
- "TURANJ NEAR KARLOVAC"
- "The rivers of Karlovac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovac
- Hotels in Karlovac
- Nightlife in Karlovac
- Restaurants in Karlovac
- Shopping in Karlovac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlovac
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Karlovac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovac
Photos in KarlovacSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 11 reviews, 41 photos
- Ohrid Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Sofia Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Athens Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Thessaloniki Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Skopje Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Karlovac Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos