"Gregsta's Travels...." Gregsta's Profile

Best Animals for Travel

On most of my holidays I have managed to take some form of transport that breathes... Here a some reviews..

Donkeys : Excellent fun except if you are a girl. You need very good support if you are going a reasonable distance :) They really are good fun though and you cannot help laughing whil riding them. I travelled around the valley of the kings in Egypt and despite REALLY high drops they where very sure footed.

Camels: Again in Egypt. If you are doing any sort of distance these are not for boys!! There are no stirrups and the pain can be terrible. Also they are not my favourite animals. Very obstinate.

Elephants: Nepal and Thailand. (Also available in Sri Lanka :)Elephants are truely wonderful animals and it is truely a privilege to be transported by one. I as amazed at how they deftly picked their way up a path I am sure that I would have had difficulty travelling up in Thailand. One bull even overtaking ..... Elephants are especially good for tracking Rhinocerous!! I had been chased by a Rhino in Chitwan national park (Nepal) but felt safe following them the same day on the back of and Elephant. Beware of bushes though.. Elephants don't really care about just pushing though thick vegetation that hurts :(

Horses: My favourite mode of animal transport ...very controllable and amiable. I watched the sun come up over the Pyramids on horse back and hacked through undergrowth along the Dordogne in France.

• Intro Updated Mar 9, 2003

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2006 at 11:54 AM

Here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!! May all your travel dreams come true!!! Very cool member pic!!! Hope to see more of your travels and pictures here!!! I'm glad you had a nice time in Mumbai!!!

• TXgal's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2003 at 8:06 AM

Cool member pic!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Gregsta's Profile Photo

Gregsta

“Adding life to my years not necessarily years to my life”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.