"FRIEDRICHSHAFEN" Top 5 Page for this destination Friedrichshafen by GrumpyL5
Friedrichshafen Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 97 photos
A relaxed small town of high tech aero industry, and a transport interchange between air, rail, road and ferry.
Famous for Zeppelin development and construction, the main tourist attraction is the large Zeppelin Museum, which is well worth a visit.
Tourist Info can provide a good full list of accomodation and and events/attractions.
Cycling is encouraged !
Almost all of the town was, inevitably, destroyed during WW2, so most of the buildings are modern and of no great interest.
However, the Harbour Railway Station survived and is fairly impressive.
The town is a very convenient for travelling to other places on the Lake, by ferry.
The prom' is very nice and relaxing, a favourite memory will be relaxing on the grass in front of Graf-Zeppelin-Haus wathcing the sun set.
There is plenty to amuse the kids, not least the many fountains to splash about in. The museum is also suitable for younger visitors.
- Pros:Pleasant and relaxing with a great museum.
- Cons:Can be very hot and humid.
- In a nutshell:Worth the visit.
The Zeppelin Museum houses a marvelous reconstruction of part of the passenger accomodation on Hindenburg. Lounge,... more travel advice
There are bars and restaurants on the Lake Ferries. If you are travelling to other lakeside towns ( depending on the... more travel advice
GrumpyL5's Related Pages
Friedrichshafen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zeppelin to your heart's content!"
- "Friedrichshafen am Bodensee"
- "Friedrichshafen, Germany"
- "Friedrichshafen - Germanies Aviation Center"
- "Lakeside Escape"
- "Passing through Friedrichshafen - Zeppelin Tip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Friedrichshafen
- Hotels in Friedrichshafen
- Transportation in Friedrichshafen
- Restaurants in Friedrichshafen
- Shopping in Friedrichshafen
- Warnings and Dangers in Friedrichshafen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Friedrichshafen
- 19 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Friedrichshafen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Friedrichshafen
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Friedrichshafen Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Brussels Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Milan 4 reviews, 4 photos
- United States of America 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
No friends yet.