"Actually Not Bradford, But The Holland Marsh" Bradford by CdnJane
Bradford Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 3 photos
Just south of Bradford Ontario is the Holland Marsh. People travelling north on Highway 400 from Toronto will cross through this area just north of the Highway 9 exit.
This is a huge vegetable garden stretching west to almost Highway 27 to almost Newmarket and Highway 11 to the east. This picture is looking over rows upon rows of carrots. (Field day for Bugs Bunny, Peter Cottontail and all their friends!) I drove past rows of green onions(scallions?) and cabbages... and I'm sure lots more but I was concentrating pretty hard on staying on the road - or finding a road to cross the marsh on.... I kept going around in circles and loops!
The name came from a number of Dutch farmers who settled in the area and reclaimed alot of this land with their drainage ditches.
All through the Marsh are barns for storage, and these huge stacks of pallets to take the vegetables off to market.
- Pros:The Market Garden of Ontario
- Cons:Build up of chemicals in the soil over the years
- In a nutshell:Rich black soil and Lots of Veggies for our Tables
CdnJane's Related Pages
Bradford Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bradford
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bradford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bradford
Photos in BradfordSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues