"London Ont - Halfway between Toronto and Windsor" Top 5 Page for this destination London by CdnJane
London Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 323 photos
London Ontario is a nice sized city, that is home to several well-known institutions - University of Western Ontario, and University Hospital amongst others. London's size, location and dynamics makes it a test market for many companies. New products are tried out often first in London - for example, prominently in the news was when Viagra made its introduction in Canada in London! However, many retailer have shown up first in London - I personally am aware of Canadian Tire trying out some of its retail outlet formats in London.
London has a lovely district of older homes near the University. The Ivey School of Business is always on the top of the list for not just Canadian universities but worldwide. A Western MBA has been recognised as prestigious mark of academic excellence.
The hospitals in London are world renowned for many of their facilities and procedures. Not well known was that Eva Peron was brought to London for, I think, cobalt treatment of her cancer, which was too far progressed at that point to save her.
There are many people living today thanks to the Neurologists and Heart Specialists in the London University hospital.
And yes, there is the Thames River running through London!
- Pros:Not too big, lots of retail, excellent university & hosptials, 1/2 way between TO & Windsor/Detroit
- Cons:Cold miserable winters
- In a nutshell:Like the UK London- our London is worth a visit
In Victoria Park you will find the War Memorial, a tank, and some information on the British Military in that part of... more travel advice
I picked out the restaurant because 1) It was on Wellington Street which was easy for us all to access from the... more travel advice
CdnJane's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LONDON, ONTARIO CANADA"
- "Our son's hometown"
- "London Ont - Halfway between Toronto and Windsor"
- "Home of the young"
- "Mini VT Meeting Oct 25, 2003"
- "My Former HomeThe Canadian London!"
- "mizgoldie's new London Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 7 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Posted in Travel Wales Forum "Re: Ferry from Ireland to..."
- Wrote a Review Basic and Un-inspiring in London Hotels
- updated a London Travel Page "London Ont - Halfway between Toronto and Windsor"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not a seafood restaurant, even with that name"
- Commented on one of Waalewiener's London travel pages
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues