"Milton Fair" Milton by CdnJane

Milton Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 44 photos

Truly an Agricultural Fair - May It Live On

2004 did get me to the fair with my friend Miss Antarctica (Stephanie), where we both showed some of our pictures, and for her, some of her baked goods. It was fun to go there and check out the livestock, the equitation events, the rides (from the ground - wasn't up on any) and the other events going on.

A view of the midway from the ferris wheel

I hadn't gone on any rides for years, but figured the ferris wheel was pretty good. No loop-de-loop, hanging upside down, or anything whipping around throwing your neck out of joint... just around and around. And, a chance to take some pictures of the fairgrounds from above.

What is a fair without prizes???

My friend and I had to make one effort or two to win something. This is her with her prize... such a fun day! And, uh, I won a purple-ish one... we didn't do as well as some of the kids wandering around with the big teddybears *sigh*

• Pros:A cute little town with character commuting distance to Toronto
  • Cons:Becoming a commutor town, losing its small town feel
  • In a nutshell:Worth the drive to Milton - and don't forget the fair
  • Last visit to Milton: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 29, 2006

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Hi, Jane! I see there are so many nice places in Canada....Thanks for your story!~

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2006 at 11:11 PM

Very nice new photos. I like the quilts.

• MissAntarctica2002's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 8:27 PM

You've done a fine job of capturing the Milton Fair. Make sure you enter some of those pics this year. Looking forward to another fun day at the fair.

CdnJane

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Badges & Stats in Milton