"Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto" Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto by CdnJane
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,329 reviews and 9,029 photos
Saturday December 15, 2007 - Had the opportunity of a lifetime to see the wonderful Vienna concert held at the Rogers Centre (Skydome) - an amazing set was created - the Vienna Palace, with ballroom, 2 skating rinks, 2 fountains, and the most wonderful music. Not all Strauss - there was a tribute to Pavarotti, a nod to the Christmas season, Ravel's Bolero, amongst other pieces. The singers were wonderful, especially the Australian young lady who looked and sounded like an angel.
This was the only concert of this format in North America, so to have been invited to attend was an absolute treat - especially as it just came out of the blue Sat at noon!
Just about anywhere in Toronto, if you're facing south, and not staring into another building, you can see the CN Tower.
I took this one along King St. It is being surrounded by the Sun Life building on the left and the Metro Centre straight ahead and to the right..
Welcome to Toronto...
There was an incident on Yonge Street north of Sheppard Saturday night when drivers saw flashing lights... or were those just camera flashes... and 5 VTers standing... no staggering ... outside a local pub!!!
- Pros:Relatively safe, clean, variety of places to see, to go, to do, great value for US & UK travelers
- Cons:Increased violence, street people, dirt, traffic
- In a nutshell:Toronto - Lots to discover
Walking from the St Patrick subway stop (Dundas & University Ave) on my way to meet friends at the AGO I spied the pub.... more travel advice
Unfortunately my shots didn't really show it well, but there are new lighting on the CN Tower. I was downtown with my... more travel advice
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
Been to Toronto?Share your travels with the world!
CdnJane's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 111 Reviews
- 144 Photos
- 342 Forum posts
- 77 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
- updated a Toronto Travelogue "A Special Meeting with some Wonderful friends"
- Posted in Travel Wales Forum "Re: Ferry from Ireland to..."
- Wrote a Review Don't Have to Be an Idiot to Go Here in Toronto Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Have to Be an Idiot to Go Here"
- Commented on one of johanl's Toronto travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 22 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues