"Wolfville, an unexpected pleasure" Wolfville by CdnJane
Wolfville Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
When I went to Nova Scotia I had prepurchased a museum ticket for the Maritime Museum, and entry for the Alexander Keith brewery. That was going to be my last day tour - Halifax, then stop briefly to visit some friends on the way to the airport. Oh, and I was going to phone a woman I hadn't spoken to in about 40 years. Well, plans changed as plans tend to do. First through a miscommunication, I didn't get to see my friend in Mahone Bay - she expected me to stop by later in the day on Saturday as I drove from the Halifax airport south to the resort, White Point. It was a cold, windy, rainy, misty, foggy day on the Saturday (as observed on my Mahone Bay page.) I left her a voice mail on Saturday saying how sorry I was to have missed her, then I spoke with her parents and they invited me to see them on Wednesday on my way back to the airport. Sunday morning I got a call from Susan inviting me to come join them for dinner on Sun night, as one of her sisters was visiting from Ontario, and it was Father's Day. I decided against the dinner, but said I'd come by in the afternoon. So, on Sunday, I got to see not only my friend AND her parents and sister in Mahone Bay and Indian Point. Just a nice little visit, got caught up, and nobody was put out entertaining. So my plan then was to still have my day in Halifax on Wed, and if things worked out, I'd stop by my friends' parents (actually my parents' friends!) place on the way to the airport. I tried on the weekend to get hold of the woman I hadn't seen in 40 years, and left a message on her voice mail saying that I'd try phoning again, and who I was, hoping I'd reached the right number. Finally on Tuesday night I got hold of my friend Rosemary and she was delighted that I contacted her. She had a meeting Wednesday, or she would've gone to Halifax to meet me, she said. I thought about it, and knew that I was going to make sure that I have another, longer, visit to Nova Scotia, and time in Halifax, but we don't know what tomorrow will bring where people are concerned... so decided that, I'd never been to Kentville or Wolfville and I'd go to the airport via there! So.... making a short story long... that's how I found myself in Wolfville Wednesday for lunch!
Some restaurants along Main Street (Hwy 1)
- Pros:According to my friend - a nice place to live and visit
- Cons:No complaints for me!
- In a nutshell:Wolfville a lovely town
CdnJane's Related Pages
Wolfville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A visit to Grand-Pré"
- "Wolfville, an unexpected pleasure"
- "The Small Town of Wolfville"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wolfville
- Hotels in Wolfville
- Transportation in Wolfville
- Restaurants in Wolfville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wolfville
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Wolfville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wolfville
Photos in WolfvilleSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (65)
Latest Wolfville hotel reviews
- Blomidon Inn
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013