"A Tour of Betty's "Backyard"!" Yarmouth by CdnJane
Yarmouth Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 240 photos
I was treated to a tour of Yarmouth and area by the tourguide who knows where to go. Betty met me out by the highway, in a spot, perfectly described, and then led me back to her place. After a couple of minutes, we were on the way in her car for the best afternoon I've had in ages. As this is where she loves living, and sharing, she gave me a tour that was exactly what I was looking for. We drove out to "The World's Smallest Drawbridge" (the jury is still out on that - I thought it was in Bermuda!), and the processing place that her brother owns, then we went for a walk on the beach, followed by a trip to the lighthouse, where we lunched, and took lots of pictures at the point, this was followed by eating wild strawberries as we waited to watch the "Cat" leave the harbour for Maine, then we went to the museum, I topped up my wallet at the bank, and then it was back to her place so I could collect my car and prepare for the 2 hr drive back to White Point. Betty, THANK YOU!
We went for a walk on this lovely beach - of course it was a little early in the season, but it was empty pretty much, so with just the surf's pounding, and the cries of the gulls, it was lovely.
Ok, well I do have a picture (or many) of the lighthouse but didn't get one copied to the disk I'm using to load these pictures. This is the view from the base of the lighthouse.
- Pros:A lovely town with lots to offer
- Cons:I suspect that winter might be a little nippy!
- In a nutshell:Yarmouth... A piece of heaven!
After we went to Sandford, and around the area of Lake Darling, we then headed down to Cape Forchu and the lighthouse.... more travel advice
lots of parking along by the waterfront to check out the action on the water, and to stop at one of the many... more travel advice
CdnJane's Related Pages
Yarmouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yarmouth, Nova Scotia"
- "A Tour of Betty's "Backyard"!"
- "Yet another flying visit."
- "Quaint, friendly people, beautiful scenery"
- "A weekend in Nova Scotia"
- "YARMOUTH, Nova Scotia, Canada"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yarmouth
- Hotels in Yarmouth
- Transportation in Yarmouth
- Nightlife in Yarmouth
- Restaurants in Yarmouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Yarmouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yarmouth
- 10 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Yarmouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yarmouth
Photos in YarmouthSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues