"A Tour of Betty's "Backyard"!" Yarmouth by CdnJane

Yarmouth Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 159 photos

A tour by a native is the best

I was treated to a tour of Yarmouth and area by the tourguide who knows where to go. Betty met me out by the highway, in a spot, perfectly described, and then led me back to her place. After a couple of minutes, we were on the way in her car for the best afternoon I've had in ages. As this is where she loves living, and sharing, she gave me a tour that was exactly what I was looking for. We drove out to "The World's Smallest Drawbridge" (the jury is still out on that - I thought it was in Bermuda!), and the processing place that her brother owns, then we went for a walk on the beach, followed by a trip to the lighthouse, where we lunched, and took lots of pictures at the point, this was followed by eating wild strawberries as we waited to watch the "Cat" leave the harbour for Maine, then we went to the museum, I topped up my wallet at the bank, and then it was back to her place so I could collect my car and prepare for the 2 hr drive back to White Point. Betty, THANK YOU!

Beach at Port Maintland

We went for a walk on this lovely beach - of course it was a little early in the season, but it was empty pretty much, so with just the surf's pounding, and the cries of the gulls, it was lovely.

Lighthouse with a view

Ok, well I do have a picture (or many) of the lighthouse but didn't get one copied to the disk I'm using to load these pictures. This is the view from the base of the lighthouse.

• Pros:A lovely town with lots to offer
  • Cons:I suspect that winter might be a little nippy!
  • In a nutshell:Yarmouth... A piece of heaven!
  • Last visit to Yarmouth: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 10, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM

What a great trip~! Live and learn! ...

• Jul 11, 2007 at 5:24 AM

D'oh! Busted! Now I need to find a new business or a new name! :-)

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 6:21 AM

Very nice page on Yarmouth, I enjoyed seeing the big "Cat" WOW! Looks like you had a lovely time there.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Jane, You visited babyg before me! It's on my Novia Scotia next visit list :) PJ

• babygrand's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 6:51 AM

You Do us proud. Nice Pix. It was a lovely day, and it's nice to be able to "show off" sometimes. Thank you for allowing me!

CdnJane

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Badges & Stats in Yarmouth

Have you been to Yarmouth?