"St Jacob's - Explore Mennonite Country" Saint Jacobs by CdnJane
Saint Jacobs Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 71 photos
Mennonites often are the object of ridicule, dressed in their plain black apparel, driving a horse, and not being part of the modern age. However, when disaster strikes, like the tornadoes of 20 years ago, the Mennonites come in to help rebuild and then people realise that looks are deceiving - what is inside is what counts. These are people who know the meaning of community and helping one another. We can all learn from them. Granted there are those who just want to live their lives peacefully as Plain Folk.
Just behind King Street is a parking lot, and to the north edge is the Grand River. There are picnic tables for you to enjoy a meal away from the bustle of the restaurants. It is a nice bit of peace before you head back to the stores.
Not only is there a parking lot for the cars, but there is a barn for buggies and horses to be tied up, and away from the stares of all. Of course, there will be those of us who just must take a picture.
- Pros:Wonderful products, and food, and people
- Cons:Too many tourists!
- In a nutshell:Stepping back while walking forward
Now, I'll be honest, I didn't go in, just saw it and liked the fact that it was indeed a train caboose selling ice cream... more travel advice
Pretty hard to miss seeing this painting on the side of one of the buildings at a side street off King Street. Since I... more travel advice
CdnJane's Related Pages
Saint Jacobs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Jacobs, mennonite country"
- "St Jacob's - Explore Mennonite Country"
- "St Jacobs"
- "St. Jacobs day trip"
- "Mennonite Country"
- "New home of the Amish people"
- "St Jacobs - Mennonite Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Jacobs
- Transportation in Saint Jacobs
- Restaurants in Saint Jacobs
- Shopping in Saint Jacobs
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saint Jacobs
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Saint Jacobs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Jacobs
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: A Revenue Suggestion..."
- Wrote a Review It's Hot -Get Your Caboose Over Here for Ice Cream in Saint Jacobs Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "It's Hot -Get Your Caboose Over Here for Ice Cream"
- created a Saint Jacobs Travelogue "Other Scenes Around St. Jacobs"
Photos in Saint JacobsSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 48 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues