Blue Mountains National Park Restaurant Tips by CdnJane
Blue Mountains National Park Restaurants: 18 reviews and 10 photos
This shot is from my favourite place - Govett's Leap, where I ate my first meal in the Blue Mountains. However, I did enjoy lunches other places during my visits to this fabulous area, just don't have pictures scanned yet of them.
The ambiance... well, how do you beat nature's tapestry of light, sound (those chattering birds, the wind blowing around rustling leaves), and the view? Seating can be on a rock (mind you find a comfortable one), or even sitting on the tail of your 'vehicle in a car park, or on the side of the road.
The food - up to your imagination of what you want to carry, and eat. I can tell you, from experience, that there is nothing more delectable than a strawberry fed to you with this view as a backdrop! Although a variety of cold cuts, and cheeses, with a fresh roll (purchased that morning at a bakery on the way up to the park) tastes as marvellous as any 5 star gourmet meal. A thermos of tea is quite nice, especially on an August day.
The only things to be aware of are the other hikers walking by making comments, and those scavenging birds just waiting for something to fall to feed them! However, for this Canadian, who had previously only seen King Parrots in a zoo or a book, it was all pretty wonderful.
The most important part of your meal is that at the end you must pack up all your utensils, and garbage and leave nothing behind (that the birds can't / shouldn't eat). All that should remain when you are gone are your memories!
Favorite Dish: All food seems to taste better when it is eaten outside. After a bit of a walk, that makes it all even more delicious.
Address: The great outdoors
Directions: Escape Sydney and drive west into the Blue Mountains. Find a good place to park, and walk til you find an appropriately wonderful place to eat.
More Reviews (4)
CdnJane's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains - The Forest Paradise"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Panglao Island
- East London Hotels
- Butuan City
- Isla Flamenco Hotels
- Nice Hotels
- Bukit Panjang New Town Hotels
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Crazy people"
- Commented on one of supercarys's Blue Mountains National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Not all Eating Establishments are Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Not all Eating Establishments are Restaurants"
- updated a Blue Mountains National Park Travelogue "Wild Echidnas I Have Seen"
Photos in Blue Mountains National ParkSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 111 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Intro, 47 reviews, 105 photos, 6 travelogues
- Yarmouth Intro, 10 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Ontario Intro, 5 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Digby Intro, 3 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Milton Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 4 reviews, 30 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues