"Idyllic Port City Steeped in History" Bergen by bscott1
Bergen Travel Guide: 945 reviews and 2,380 photos
Bergen is a beautiful place, and many other tourists thought the same! There are a good many things to see here--one could easily spend three days in Bergen alone.
Its remote geographic location belies its history, as it was the capital of Norway in the 12th and 13th centuries. As late as the 17th century it was Scandinavia's largest city.
My favorite part was the maze of narrow streets, some as little as, maybe, 3 or 4 feet wide.
Bergen has a number of choices for boat tours varying in length and destination. Even during the summer it can be chilly... more travel advice
This houses one of the original Haneatic assembly halls. I'm personally fascinated by the indelible mark the Hanse left... more travel advice
bscott1's Related Pages
Bergen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bergen - The city between the seven mountains"
- "The sunshine city of blue sky, blue sea, blue eyes"
- "Bergen in Norway"
- "The Fjord' Capital City"
- "City of rain and some nice benches"
- "Welcome to the land of the Vikings!"
- "Bergen in Fall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergen
- Hotels in Bergen
- Transportation in Bergen
- Nightlife in Bergen
- Restaurants in Bergen
- Shopping in Bergen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bergen
- 9 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bergen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergen
Photos in BergenSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Århus Intro, 39 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.