"Center of northern Danish industry" Top 5 Page for this destination Ålborg by bscott1
Ålborg Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 187 photos
Ålborg (usually spelled the old Danish way, Aalborg) is maínly known as an industrial town. Being off the beaten path, it tends to be overshadowed by other medium sized cities such as Århus and Odense, but this large town has a lot of little architectural gems as well as a fairly established regional history.
When in Aalborg, I would strongly, strongly recommend visiting the Lindholm Høje, a fascinating collection of Viking graves. I put this under a separate section--check it out.
South of Algade in the main part of the city, you can wander around about 3 or 4 side streets, one of which is named... more travel advice
To me, this area sort of felt like the heart of everything even though it may not necessarily been the hub of the city's... more travel advice
bscott1's Related Pages
Ålborg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aalborg - A Revitalized City"
- "The 3rd biggest city in Denmark"
- "Center of northern Danish industry"
- "The lively capital of North Jutland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ålborg
- Hotels in Ålborg
- Transportation in Ålborg
- Nightlife in Ålborg
- Restaurants in Ålborg
- Shopping in Ålborg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ålborg
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ålborg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ålborg
Photos in ÅlborgSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Århus Intro, 39 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.