"Egeskov Castle" Egeskov by bscott1
Egeskov Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 350 photos
Egeskov castle was built on logs in the middle of a pond in 1554. It was really a manor house, as opposed to a fortified castle, but if you are in the isle of Fyn (Funen) this makes for a good day trip.
You can see the main rooms of the castle on the "must see" pages, but in addition, there are outbuildings of livestock, old cars, farm machinery, old fire engines, and numerous other collections if you are interested in that sort of thing.
The renaissance garden is in the rear of the church. There is also a wooded area nearby that one can take a walk around... more travel advice
bscott1's Related Pages
Egeskov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Egeskov - more than a fairy-tale-castle"
- "A world on it's own! Egeskov !!!"
- "Masters and motorbikes"
- "Egeskov Castle and Family Park"
- "Egeskov castle in Kvaerndrup"
- "Egeskov Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egeskov
- Hotels in Egeskov
- Transportation in Egeskov
- Restaurants in Egeskov
- Warnings and Dangers in Egeskov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Egeskov
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Egeskov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egeskov
Photos in EgeskovSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Århus Intro, 39 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.