"Excavation of a medieval monestary" Øm Kloster by bscott1
Øm Kloster Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Øm Kloster is situated by Boes, and is fairly close to Ry and Skanderborg, situated between the lakes of Mossø and Gudensø. This site features the excavated outlines of buildings that once stood.
In addition to the excavation itself, there is a museum in a thatched house featuring several of the medieval artifacts excavated, which included keys, statues, skeletons, and even weapons! Monks apparently must have had the right to bear arms!
There is a recreation of a garden as it would have looked during the time of the monks.
There are some friendly neighbors in back as well.
- In a nutshell:If you're in the Lake District area, a good short stop.
bscott1's Related Pages
Øm Kloster Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Øm Kloster
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Øm Kloster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Øm Kloster
Photos in Øm KlosterSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Århus Intro, 39 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.