"Ribe - not to be missed" Top 5 Page for this destination Ribe by bscott1
Ribe Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 46 photos
Ribe was home to a diocese in the early Christian era, and despite being well inland served as a prosperous port roughly 1000 years ago. Due to the lack of growth and other port facilities throughout Denmark Ribe stagnated into what is now perhaps Denmark's best-preserved medieval town.
On Fiskergade, there is a flood column with marks of how high the flood waters rose throughout time. The top ring was... more travel advice
Visiting this street is important in terms of understanding Ribe. The town started as an inland port and was founded... more travel advice
bscott1's Related Pages
Ribe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ribe - the oldest town of Danmark & former capital"
- "Ribe - not to be missed"
- "An enchanting town"
- "A friendly place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ribe
- Hotels in Ribe
- Transportation in Ribe
- Restaurants in Ribe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ribe
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ribe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ribe
Photos in RibeSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Århus Intro, 39 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.