"Tønder - a pleasant old market town" Tønder by bscott1
Tønder Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 47 photos
If you are in the southern part of Jutland, a day's visit to Tønder and Møgeltønder (see separate page) is well worth a visit. Tønder has much architecture from the 1600s and 1700s and is a good town for a walking tour.
Tønder is situated on the German border, and within the border areas you can sense a mix of German and Danish cultures. People on border towns on both sides are bilingual, as required in their education.
Vestergade (West Street) had an interesting mix of old merchants' homes and shops. The merchants left with their nouveau... more travel advice
bscott1's Related Pages
Tønder Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A lovely old commercial town."
- "Tønder - a pleasant old market town"
- "Good old little Tønder"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tønder
- Hotels in Tønder
- Transportation in Tønder
- Nightlife in Tønder
- Restaurants in Tønder
- Shopping in Tønder
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tønder
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Tønder?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tønder
Photos in TønderSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Århus Intro, 39 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sogn og Fjordane Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gdansk Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Oslo Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silkeborg Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Torun Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Bergen Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lofoten Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.