"A New Home Town!" Hanover by RowanGBR

Hanover Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 30 photos

After nearly two years in Southern California I decided it was time to try something new, so am moving to New Hampshire. I am not yet sure what is in store for me there, but I am sure it will all come clear on the drive cross country!

I was amazed, and very happy, when TracyNew72 volunteered to make the drive with me - with both of us map-reading it shouldn't be too hard to keep going in the right direction - right?! We have planned the drive to take us six days, with stops in Denver, Chicago and Niagara (and a couple more along the way, but I can't remember what they are!)

I am sad to leave Southern California and all the great people I have met there (especially my VT friends!), but hey, this is a travel site, so I am sure they will all visit!!

• Pros:Somewhere new and exciting!
  • Last visit to Hanover: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 3, 2003

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2005 at 10:37 AM

You must have found some interesting nightlife to keep you off VT for so long! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROWAN!!

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2004 at 7:00 AM

how do you like new hampshire?

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 2:41 PM

Ha ha, last time when I was in Hanover it was in Land Niedersachsen and not New Hampshire, ok, but then it was Hannover with double NN. I am sorry you have no nightlife here, but then there is VT. :-)

• 78Eva's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2004 at 5:38 AM

hi there, how is Hanover? I got an offer to a year at Dartmouth and wondering whether to accept.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2004 at 2:12 PM

haha, I actually expected to get infos about Hannover / Germany...

• orlikins's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2003 at 8:35 AM

Doesnt Bill Bryson, the travel writer, live in Hanover? maybe he'll know where the good bars are! :-)

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2003 at 9:25 PM

Hope you're happy in your new home. I think New Hampshire is a beautiful state - was there last year, check out my page.

• diver-x's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2003 at 5:30 PM

Hi Rowan! I hope you're surviving bug season in one piece! Is Peter Christian's Tavern still in New London? Used to be a great place for a good meal & a beer! Good luck!

• dabuwan's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2003 at 10:16 AM

Great start! Looking for more about your new hometown!

• guell's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2003 at 12:39 PM

Looks like a nice B&B. Now I know where we'll stay when we go for a visit. Gonna miss you here in California!

RowanGBR

“Packing light is an impracticality best ignored!”

Badges & Stats in Hanover

Have you been to Hanover?

Latest Activity in Hanover