"Newmarket" Newmarket by hello3001
Newmarket Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 23 photos
Newmarket is a town that lives for horse racing. The sport became very popular in the 17th century thanks to the kings that loved this sport. Newmarket is a home to the Horseracing museum, National Stud and Tattersalls.
Horses are part of everyday life in Newmarket. Very often you will see how everything stops because for example the horses are crossing the road, or the traffic slows down because horses are passing by. Those absolutely beautiful creatures are training with their coaches every morning in different areas in the town.
Newmarket has two flat racing racecourses; the July racecourse and the Rowley Mile racecourse.
In greek mythology Hyperion is a Titan, the son of Gaea and Uranus and the father of Helios, in astronomy Hyperion is one of the moons of Saturn.
In Newmarket Hyperion is the name of a very famous horse that in 1933 won the race Epsom Derby, known also as The Derby, one of the most famous horse races. This monument you can see in the High Street, in front of the Jockey Club building.
About half an hour by car from Newmarket, Thetford Forest is a place where you can enjoy beautiful nature and if you... more travel advice
hello3001's Related Pages
Newmarket Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Newmarket
- 2 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Newmarket?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newmarket
Photos in NewmarketSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Split Intro, 21 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambridge Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Trogir Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Newmarket Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nottingham Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kastela Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Makarska Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.