"Hello!" hello3001's Profile
As a Croatian, currently living in England, I have a unique opportunity to explore these two countries in a unique way. And I love it. Have a look at my photos and enjoy the views of shimmering blue Adriatic and green, green Suffolk. Let me know what you think and stay in touch through your comments.
In Dalmatia, the most southern county of Croatia, there are countless jewels stretching from Zadar to Dubrovnik and Split is in the middle. Advantages of Split’s location were noticed centuries ago by the emperor himself. In the 3rd century Diocletian, the emperor of Rome, found a retreat in a beautiful palace he had built on the coast of the Adriatic sea. The palace that is today the centre of the Croatian city of Split.
With a Christianity in its core and St. Duje as a protector firmly overlooking the ancient streets and modern nomads, tourists, on their quest to discover, describe and explain, the city kept its charm and unique atmosphere.
I do the circles religiously. From Perystile through narrow streets full of people and all types of shops, with the sound of the church bells and the words said in Dalmatian dialect, to the People’s Square- commonly known as Pjaca (if you want to try to say it right pronunciation resembles word piazza).
A coffee on Pjaca, some people watching, buy a pastry and walk to another cobbled street, more shops, pass the monument of Marko Marulic and end on Riva.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 65 Reviews
- 402 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
updated their Profile Page "Hello!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hello!"
- updated a Split Travel Page "Split, my hometown"
- Wrote a Review Termini about Train in Rome Transportation
- Commented on sim1's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Split Intro, 21 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zagreb Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cambridge Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Trogir Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Newmarket Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nottingham Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kastela Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Makarska Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.