"A Wonderful Winter Weekend!" Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal by nicolettart

Montreal Travel Guide: 3,684 reviews and 6,889 photos

I love visiting cities, and Montreal was a great quick get-away from our home in New Jersey, about a 7-hour drive.
This is the view from our hotel window. What an unexpected delight to throw open the curtains and see this view! This is the cathedral of Mary Queen of the World, sandwiched between a cluster of modern skyscrapers.

Montreal in December

Well it was chilly, but pretty! We're used to the cold, anyway!
It had just snowed the night before we arrived, so the city glittered with snow and Christmas lights!
Here we are at the top of Mont Royal.

Seeing the Sights

The Notre Dame Cathedral was beautiful! The sights are easily accessible on foot or by metro. The snow made it a little more of a challenge, but we walked everywhere.
Many thanks to VTer LieStef and others in the forum for their great advice!

• Last visit to Montreal: Dec 2003

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Tremendous Intro pic!

• Jul 5, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Headed downtown with my family to the Chez Cora on 1425 Stanley and was surprised to find out that they have moved to 1240 Drummond street,...Just down the street from the prevous location...Huge! no lign ups...great! great! great!

• Bavavia's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2008 at 8:43 AM

Great Montreal tips! love the photo of old montreal......!

• etrehumain's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 5:42 PM

Happy New Year Nicoletta ! Great Montreal page.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2005 at 12:25 PM

great page!

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 4:37 AM

Cool site, with useful tips... I will have to pay your site another visit closer to my departure to Montreal.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 6:42 AM

Enjoyed your Montreal page very much. Montreal is definitely on my "must see" list and you have very good tips.

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2005 at 7:05 PM

Looks like you had a great time in Old Montreal. I reccomend that you check out Quebec City as well. I think it is amazing, and with even more character than Montreal. Safe travels from travelling Canadians!

• Mar 18, 2005 at 10:51 AM

Excellent job on the PICS,I would just like to say, that Old Montreal in the summertime is the place to be. It has lots of bistros, restaurants, dance clubs, patios, and awsum street performers.

nicolettart

“Chi cerca, trova. Chi dorme, sogna.”

Badges & Stats in Montreal

Have you been to Montreal?

Latest Activity in Montreal