New York City Things to Do Tips by nicolettart
New York City Things to Do: 5,365 reviews and 8,686 photos
You can return here dozens of times, as I have, and still not see the whole place!! I never tire of coming here, and I have my favorite spots, like the quiet Chinese courtyard, and the Greek galleries. This is really one of the greatest museums in the world and not to be missed!
The museum has late hours on Fridays and Saturdays--open till 9:00pm.
Address: 1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street
Directions: Take 4, 5, or 6 train to 86th Street and walk three blocks west to Fifth Avenue
Even if shows aren't your thing, it's really a part of the NY experience. Try to catch a show when here, you can get last minute tickets at the TKTS booth, or get them in advance. It's worth it!
...so it must be!! Well, how can you miss it when in NYC? Even if you don't go to the top (and you should, really!), the Empire State Building is quite impressive. I like going to NY as if I'm a real tourist (haha I live right next door in NJ), so in this picture I am posing with the building in the background, even though I have been here a hundred times!
Address: 350 5th Avenue
Directions: 1, 2, 3 or 9 (Seventh Avenue Lines), A, C or E (Eighth Avenue Subway) to 34th Street/Penn Station.
Phone: (212) 947-1360
More Reviews (16)
- See All Touristy Mix...But Worth One Visit!
- See All Art Supply Shops
- See All You Are Here!
- See All PATH Trains
nicolettart's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "I loved it - and I don't even like apples!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Explore the World
- Thi Nghe Hotels
- Adana Ili Hotels
- Grand Lake Hotels
- Amaknak Island Hotels
- Pence Springs
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 20 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Globetrotting Zipper Jewelry"
- updated a New York City Travel Page "I Love New York!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I Love New York!"
- Wrote a Review Touristy Mix...But Worth One Visit! about Balthazar in New York City Restaurants
- Commented on one of PALLINA's New York City travel pages
Photos in New York CitySee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 52 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 52 reviews, 31 photos
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoboken Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bora-Bora Intro, 34 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest New York City hotel reviews
- Times Square Dream Hostel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- New York Habitat
- 1 Review & Opinion
- YMCA Greenpoint
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- A Hospitality Company, Inc.
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 20, 2006
- W New York Union Square
- 628 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- East Village Bed and Coffee
- 222 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Jazz on the Town Hostel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 11, 2011
- Chocolat Hostel
- 166 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 9, 2013
- Wanderers Inn West
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 22, 2012
- Chelsea Star
- 285 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- The Lucerne
- 943 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- International Student Center
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- Times Square- 240 Reviews, 373 Photos
- Wall Street- 137 Reviews, 235 Photos
- Central Park- 384 Reviews, 682 Photos
- Chinatown- 101 Reviews, 134 Photos
- South Street Seaport (Pier 17)- 62 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Empire State Building- 364 Reviews, 584 Photos
- Rockefeller Center- 210 Reviews, 357 Photos
- Brooklyn Bridge- 185 Reviews, 323 Photos
- Statue of Liberty - Ellis Island- 370 Reviews, 612 Photos
- Battery Park- 97 Reviews, 164 Photos
See All New York City Things to Do