"Step Into a Painting" Hamilton by nicolettart
Hamilton Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 72 photos
Walk through this sculpture park and some sculptures will strike you as very familiar, like this one, recreated from Manet's "Le Dejeuner Sur L'Herbe". Most impressive is the recreation of Monet's garden and Japanese bridge, complete with weeping willow, flowers, and boat. It's a delightful place!
I liked comparing the sculpture installation to my memories of the actual paintings. Enlarge the picture to compare Manet's painting to the sculpture above. See what I mean? Well, if you don't, try to imagine that the artist wanted the viewer to feel as if he/she were interrupting the group. The sculpture is hidden in a group of trees, so when you step through the trees, you really feel as if you are stepping into the painting.
nicolettart's Related Pages
Hamilton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Happily Situated in Hamilton, New Jersey"
- "Step Into a Painting"
- "Hamilton- Grounds for Sculpture"
- "Grounds for Sculpture"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamilton
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Hamilton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamilton
Photos in HamiltonSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 52 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 52 reviews, 31 photos
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoboken Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bora-Bora Intro, 34 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues