"Looking for Vincent" Arles by nicolettart
Arles Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 783 photos
I went to Arles in search of Van Gogh's "Cafe Terrace at Night", a well-known painting. And I found it! When I returned home I did a copy of the painting, the one you see here.
Here I am with my husband at the cafe, now called "Cafe Van Gogh". A nice tourist took this picture after I explained that I wanted it composed like Van Gogh's painting. Well, except that this was during the day!!
Another sight in Arles is the church of St. Trophime. The exterior sculptures were of interest. You know, I don't recall... more travel advice
Here is the view upon entering the town of Arles. The streets narrow with quaint shops. I managed to find one that was... more travel advice
nicolettart's Related Pages
Arles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arles & Provence: Van Gogh, Wine and Roman Ruins"
- "Welcome to the ancient city of Arles!"
- "Scent of Provence"
- "The Best Tourist Site in Provence"
- "Moscow - Arles"
- "Looking for Vincent"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arles
- Hotels in Arles
- Transportation in Arles
- Nightlife in Arles
- Restaurants in Arles
- Shopping in Arles
- Warnings and Dangers in Arles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arles
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Arles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arles
Photos in ArlesSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 65 reviews, 70 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Jersey Intro, 47 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 52 reviews, 38 photos
- Japan Intro, 45 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 52 reviews, 31 photos
- Île Saint-Barthélemy Intro, 26 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hoboken Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bora-Bora Intro, 34 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues