"You will Love Bora Bora!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bora-Bora by nicolettart

Bora-Bora Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 587 photos

This has to be the most incredible place on earth. I visited Tahiti and Moorea in 1995 with my husband , and we returned to Tahiti in 2001 and spent the entire time on the island of Bora Bora.
The water is crystal clear (you can see clear to the bottom from the plane)and the snorkeling is fantastic.

Bora Bora lies 150 miles NW of Tahiti in the Leeward Society Islands. Many visitors arrive through Papeete's airport, then take a smaller plane to a motu near Bora Bora, then a boat to the island. Quite a journey, but worth the trip!

The main island rises from the center of a multi-colored lagoon, surrounded by motu (smaller islands) inside a ring of coral. Teavanui is the only navigable entrance to the island. You cannot arrive by plane to the main island. Bora Bora has only one road, which is partially paved and 18 miles around. The road takes you through Bora Bora's villages of Vaitape, Faanui, and Anau. Along the way you will see marae (stone) temples, army bunkers and WWII cannon, and the most breathtaking scenery, with mountains on one side and the stunning lagoon on the other.

Note: Unfortunately, not all pics are my own, as I did not take any digital pics.

• Last visit to Bora-Bora: Apr 2001
  • Intro Updated Jun 24, 2006

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM

So UN Alaskan! Soothing just to look at the photos. Thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday!

• Jun 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM

such a fantastic place, some day I want to travel to Bora Bora as well !

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM

cool page

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 2:44 PM

This is the screensaver we have had work for so long!Now I know where this place is. What a beautiful place and thanks for showing us here!shame about the missing photos though on some of your tips!

• albertolai's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 4:35 PM

I loved you Bora-Bora pages. I stayed at Le Maitai in October 2005 with Natalia and our boy Andrei was conceived in a bungalow by the water! Nice moments. Unfortunately we did not take a camera with us, so it was nice to watch your pictures!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2007 at 12:31 AM

Beautiful beaches!

• Sep 2, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Nicoletta, what a beautiful page! Bora Bora is on my wish list. Greetings from Italy, Francesca

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 3:40 PM

wow beautiful place the land of Gauguin the cabins over the water beautiful, so where is your photo of the president of Tahiti

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 6:13 PM

Awesome page! I found your tips to helpful for trip planning.

• Oct 16, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Nic, I can't help but keep visiting your bora bora pages, longing for warm sandy beach, even it is raining, appealing to alaskan

nicolettart

“Chi cerca, trova. Chi dorme, sogna.”

Badges & Stats in Bora-Bora

Have you been to Bora-Bora?

Latest Activity in Bora-Bora