"Tonglu - a small unknown provincial town in Zhejia" Tonglu by Lion_Beat

Tonglu Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 33 photos

The Yaolin Wonderland

The top attraction in Tonglu will defenetly be the Yaolin Cave and is located some 30 km from the city itself.
This is one thing you should not miss when visiting Tonglu.

The city of Tonglu

It did not make an impression on me and I do not think there is anything interesting in the city itself. It is just one of the thousands samll provincial cities in China. Still it's worth seeing and noticing things around there, as it is - the "real China", or the typical Chinese town.

around Tonglu

Among other things to see in Tonglu will be:
- The 36 Tricks Wax House (collection of old Chinese military tricks), also in Yaolin Wonderland, but I had not visited the place, so I cannot comment on it.
- The Fuchun River - which is quite impressive and the 3 gorges on the river. These 3 gorges are often compared to the 3 gorges on the Yangtze River and is often compared to the famous gorges and is reffered as "the small 3 gorges".
- The Tongjun Hill -t he hill was named after an aged herbalist who was said to have gathered medicinal herbs here in ancient times. Haven't been there, but from what I've heard nothing special.
- Daqi Mountain - beautiful National Forest Park.

• Last visit to Tonglu: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 13, 2006

Travelogues (1)

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2010 at 11:25 PM

The cave looks beautiful! Great pictures! Happy Birthday!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I enjoyed your trip around Tonglu but specifically the cave although I get very claustrophobic. Your trip therefore has shown me something that I am never likely to enjoy personally. Thank you. Carole.

Lion_Beat