"Puerto Natales...Your link to Torres del Paine" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Natales by jsepulve

Puerto Natales Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 265 photos

Puerto Natales

If you are travelling in the South and are headed to Torres del Paine, Puerto Natales is a great place to prepare for the trip and to relax afterwards.

I stayed at Patagonia Adventure hostal (61/441028), it was an excellent hostal and the owners where extremely helpful. (located on the plaza)

A great place to eat in Puerto Natales is El Maritimo which is right on the waterfront.

• In a nutshell:Great place to visit before/after Torres Del Paine
  • Last visit to Puerto Natales: Feb 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2003

• Errata's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Seems like it has been a long time since this writer has been to Pto Natales. The Marítimo restaurant he mentions has not been in that location for about 5 years or more. And there are a lot better places here to eat now.

• kiwi's Profile Photo
      Jan 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM

OH wow, people do funny things huh. Fancy not moving !! That would have been a sight to see :-) I wonder if he had any reservations that day !!

• Errata's Profile Photo
      Jan 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM

El Marítimo was not the sort of eatery where you would expect to make reservations, though for many years it was quite popular. In fact it was something of a shack with a low ceiling, the sort of place you associate with chilote-built structures. When you opened the front door the wind would just about rip the tablecloths off the tables. In the early 1990s, for the equivalent of about US$4 you could get a nice big plate of salmon with chips (french fries, for the heathens). The east wall was a mural of the Torres del Paine area that looked like it had been done by 11 year-olds. By about 2005 the quality of their food went into decline. They seemed to be getting their salmon from dubious sources and I stopped eating there. I tried their new location a couple of times and it was just disappointing.

saludos

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 11:34 AM

Wow, this looks like such a beautiful place! I like the glaciers and lakes, I hope I can visit Puerto Natales someday!

• storyin's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2004 at 8:19 PM

photo and info are very very very helpful to me tks

• perfectly_zen's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2003 at 6:20 PM

hey...what a nice page! Important tips and lovely pictures... =)

• eeyan's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2003 at 1:41 PM

Very helpful page, I'll be here in January so I'm looking for this type of information. I'll definitelly be packing the hat,gloves and waterproof pants.

• Jul 31, 2003 at 1:24 PM

I'm planing to visit Punta Arenas in September, thanks for the tips, I hope we have an early spring. Great pictures.

• galy's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2003 at 10:08 PM

great place, beautifull oictures

• dgeorge10's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2003 at 11:07 PM

Great pictures Jaime, and a fabulous page! I was there about this time last year and this brings back loads of amazing memories.... One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in my life.

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2003 at 12:48 PM

wonderful trekking! beatiful pictures! super bonito

Badges & Stats in Puerto Natales

Have you been to Puerto Natales?

Latest Activity in Puerto Natales