"Cassis and the Calanques" Top 5 Page for this destination Cassis by firechick
Cassis Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 126 photos
Cassis is a coastal town in Provence, also just a short drive from Marseilles. It is definitely a tourist destination, and so gets popular and crowded in high season.
Sadly we travelled to Cassis during a heat wave - the town was beautiful, the food was amazing but we were so hot that we only went hiking a few times, and didn't manage to work up the will to go rock climbing even once (it was 38-40C and humid most days). In June the water is too cold to swim (unless you are 'into' cold water, which some people must be as we did see people swimming from time to time, but I think it was the heat wave that drove them to it!).
We are told the best time to go here for hiking/climbing is either Spring or better yet in Fall, when the ocean has had a chance to warm over the summer. We will be heading back here again in one of those 2 seasons, as the Calanques are just too tempting to resist climbing on!
- Pros:Nice coastal town, delicious food
- Cons:Slightly on the 'beaten path' especially in summers
On the waterfont is a mostly red-deco restaurant that features breakfast and lunches (and ice cream deserts), called M.... more travel advice
There are several beaches in Cassis. The main one near 'downtown' is always full of people (La Grande Mer). It is a true... more travel advice
firechick's Related Pages
Cassis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cassis and the Calanques"
- "Cassis: the magic effect"
- "Cassis, little touristic harbour near Marseille"
- "First Impressions"
- "The colors of Cassis"
- "Cassis - a port where many artists gathered"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cassis
- Hotels in Cassis
- Transportation in Cassis
- Nightlife in Cassis
- Restaurants in Cassis
- Shopping in Cassis
- Warnings and Dangers in Cassis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cassis
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cassis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cassis
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 62 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valle d'Aosta Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annecy Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sisteron Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Las Vegas Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gstaad Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Aiguines Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lauenen Intro, 8 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cassis Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue