firechick's profile photo

firechick

Jennifer Online Now
On Mountaineering - "The higher you get, the higher you get"

My Favorite Pages

Aiguines

Annecy

Aosta

Travel Map

MuratU's Profile Photo
MuratU Dec 11, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?'. You've been a huge help.

ephraim08 Oct 19, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Shops in winter'. Thank you. This was very thorough and helpful. One follow up question. So when is the French lunch hour?
Ephraim

• firechick's Profile Photo
    firechick Oct 20, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Between 12 and 2.30pm - sometimes 15.30 in some areas.

sandeepgarg's Profile Photo
sandeepgarg May 5, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Geneva Annecy'. You've been a huge help.

darrmont's Profile Photo
darrmont Apr 29, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Travel into the mountains in winter'. You've been a huge help.

baconb Jan 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Itinerary - Best way to travel'. I appreciate your advice.

Jonnyme Jan 2, 2014 at 5:47 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Stay in Rovaniemi or further up north ?'. I appreciate your advice.

pratulc Dec 24, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Annecy by rental car from Nice - is it worth visiting / driving (travelling end Jan 2014)?'. You've been a huge help.

daisy13_8's Profile Photo
daisy13_8 Dec 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'chamonix short visit '. I appreciate your advice.

mum-of-3 Dec 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Which is a better train route from Chamonix to Paris?'. You've been a huge help.

• mum-of-3 Dec 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I am very tempted to take the train route as you suggested! I'll be staying at Les Bossons, which also has a station with train to Paris, but the journey is 2-3 hours longer (Les Bossons - Annecy - Lyon - Paris)! Would it be difficult to get from Les Bossons to St Gervais by taxi (2 adults, 3 children)?

• firechick's Profile Photo
    firechick Dec 17, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Hi - sorry I only saw this now for some reason (VT did not notify me because it was not a mail). It is not far to get there by taxi and you can book them using the Chamonix phone book - but also from Les Bossons there is a train to St Gervais that takes 33 minutes and runs around every hour at this time of year. You do not need to take the routing via Annecy from Les Bossons. I would check at the Chamonix main train station and ask them to find a routing via Bellegarde if they can ... The SNCF website is really poor at multiple train changes I have to say - I just tried it myself and it claims you have to go back to Chamonix to get to Bellegarde - that is just wrong. It might be that it is faster to take a taxi to St Gervais if you would end up just waiting at the St Gervais station doing nothing until the "correct" train from St Gervais leaves. Normally I have someone drop me at the St Gervais station since we live so close. But there is supposed to be a train that goes from Les Bossons to St Gervais - I think the only issue is that it leaves you something like 4 minutes to change trains at St Gervais, or you get stuck waiting there for an hour for the next train (it is around 25 minutes in a taxi). Sorry if this message is too late, hopefully you worked it out !

toemayn's Profile Photo
toemayn Sep 26, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!