"Exotic and the Best Learning Lesson of my Life" Jinhua by chinasonic.com

Jinhua Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 19 photos

Jinhua, a jewel hidden of arts and culture

Hi, I am from Kailua Kona, Hawaii of the US of A.
My name is Teri Hall Aipia.
I was given a great experience by a special email friend of mine. His name is XiaoXian and he is from Jinhua in Zhejiang Province. He and I met on line and started a friendship that reshaped my thoughts and my life in a most positive way. I got to have a learning experience of a lifetime..... Lucky Me !
When I came home from my trip, I started a website http://chinasonic.com just so I could start to put some of my photos on line to share with friends and family.
Next thing I know, XiaoXian and I are planning on selling his University student's original art paintings. They do need the money and I thought I could help get their work seen on eBay too.

Now I would like you to know about this little known hidden jewel called Jinhua, or Chunghwa or I guess it could be spelled many different ways. The place is well known for having the best ham in the world for over 900 years ..... all the neighboring countries import Jinhua Ham. Yes, it is delicious.... of course I enjoy all the foods in that part of the country..... nice and spicy or plain too for the sensitive palliated peoples.

XiaoXian has lived in Jinhua his entire life, but when I came over to China to do a tour with him, he got to experience places and sites that he had never explored before either. This trip was glorious for us both.
I can't speak Chinese but XiaoXian was a perfect guide for me. I don't think this area is a place I would want to visit without a guide who is capable of speaking the local dialect.
If you get a chance do visit, I believe you will be most enlightened by the wondrous beauty of the mountains, the Buddhist Temples, the Wu River and especially of the peoples.

By the way the tea that is grown in these areas is just delicious... and Jinhua beer is by far the best beer I have ever had the pleasure to have tried.... considering I am not a beer drinker and usually prefer wine or whiskey, I was surprised at my love for the beer...... I am sure Jinhua also manufactures other libations too, they seemed to have done everything..... I saw little shops set up everywhere making anything from kitchen faucets to bedspreads that are all the best quality that I have ever seen....... very surreal ! Never in my dreams did I know that such a place existed.......

Actually, I am still in awe of Jinhua and even though I had the opportunity to visit for months, when it came time to leave, I was most disappointed. So, it's almost been a year since I've been to China and I am already applying for a new visa so that I might return before the end of this month ....... my next adventure is into Hong Kong, Canton and then the 2 days train ride up to the Northern end of China. Burr, I hear it is already very cold and it is only November 2003 right now.

Have Fun !

Life with Change is a Very Good Thing

Here I am with XiaoXian's family members

Meeting XiaoXian's Family was a Great Pleasure

PEACE !
EVERYONE !

• Pros:beauty of mountains, lakes, streams, mountains, parks,rivers,temples
  • Cons:the old is being torn down rapidly and the air can get very filthy in the City
  • In a nutshell:I love Jinhua and I am going back real soon........
  • Last visit to Jinhua: Sep 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 12, 2003

chinasonic.com

“Living each day as if it were my LAST”

Badges & Stats in Jinhua