"Lovely little town on a rock and a unique "duomo"" Orvieto by effeti
Orvieto Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 756 photos
Orvieto - a town dominating the valley from his high rock - has more than his cathedral (medieval narrows streets, buildings, romanesque churces).
But the cathedral alone is worth a visit.
The facade is gothic.... but forget the gotic of the northern origins.... The colours and the lights generated here an "italian gothic" that is quite different fron the ancestor.
- Pros:Unique position, worth a vissit for the cathedral alone
- Cons:You have to park the car in certain places
- In a nutshell:Along the highway. Stop there!
Entering the city center is rescricted. The are 2 ways for a day visit to the upper town. 1) park at the free parking of... more travel advice
The inside of the church (no pictures allowed) is beautiful, too, but do not miss the visit to the Chapel of St Brizio,... more travel advice
effeti's Related Pages
Orvieto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wine, Etruscans and a magnificent duomo"
- "Orvieto: Ancient Hilltown Close To Rome: 2013"
- "Pottery heaven -- and other heavenly things"
- "The hill town of Orvieto"
- "Close to Rome And Worth a Visit"
- "The most marvellous duomo"
- "Classic hilltop town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orvieto
- Hotels in Orvieto
- Transportation in Orvieto
- Nightlife in Orvieto
- Restaurants in Orvieto
- Shopping in Orvieto
- Warnings and Dangers in Orvieto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orvieto
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Orvieto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orvieto
Photos in OrvietoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 56 reviews, 125 photos
- Torri del Benaco Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trani Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Montagnana Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Selinunte Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Bagnoregio Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Polignano a Mare Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos