Verona Favorite Tips by effeti Top 5 Page for this destination
Verona Favorites: 223 reviews and 367 photos
Arena: starting point of It. "A"
Favorite thing: I have just one day, or just few hours... What is a real must see?
How many time we visist a city, even deserving more, but we don't have the time to see it at the right (slow) pace.
It's a pity, but everyone of us did it, right?
So, if you have only a few hours, here is a guide of 4 verona walking tours, made by the Municipality site:
4 itineraries of "Walking through Verona "
The most obvious is itinerary A, then B, etc.... So, take a virtual look, print it and make your quick visit!
the Wi-Fi sign in Piazza Erbe / Via Cappello
Favorite thing: The Municipality is introducing a free wi-fi service.
Free for everyone (18+), BUT (due to an Italian law forbidding anonymous accesses) you have to register first with a valid document.
By summer 2009, the hotspots cover: Piazza Bra, Piazza Erbe, Biblioteca Civica, Casa di Giulietta, Tomba di Giulietta, Museo di Castelvecchio, Sala Conferenze Museo di Storia Naturale, Centro Culturale Circolo 6 Maggio 1848 di Via Mantovana, Parco San Giacomo, Pradaval, San Zeno Piazza Corrubio and San Zeno Piazza Pozza.
By feb 2010 new areas should be covered. piazza dei Signori, piazzetta Navona, piazzetta Viviani, corso Porta Borsari, via Roma, Arsenale, via Mazzini, Porta Vescovo, Ponte Navi, piazza Vittorio Veneto, via 4 Novembre, Porta Nuova, the square of the bus station and the Bentegodi soccer stadium
There are 3 places where you can register:
URP Office - Via Adigetto 10 - 37122 Verona
open Monday to Friday 9am / 1 PM (Tues and Thurs also 3pm to 5 pm)
Biblioteca Civica - Via Cappello, 43 (temporary entrance vicolo San Sebastiano, 3) - 37121 Verona
open monday 2pm to 7pm, and tuesay to friday 9am to 7pm and saturday 9am to 2pm
Pari Opportunità office- P.tta Scala 2 - 37121 Verona
open monday to friday 9am to 1pm (Tues and Thurs also 3pm to 5 pm)
Since september 2012 you can now register by opening the "Guglielmo" net and providing your valid cell phone number (if your country is one of those identying the cell phone numbers, such as all EU & more)
See more and up-to-date info in this official page in italian
Walking or by bus? That is the question!
Favorite thing: If you are looking for guided tours of the town, here are two links, taken by the official municipality site:
is the "Romeo" bus, from the local public BUS company.
The service is available from June 1st to October 2d (but not on mondays), and may be a good option if you don't have much time. Takes an hour and a half.
A piece of history: the foundations of Porta Leona
Favorite thing: Verona history begun before the romans, that's sure, but it's not exactly clear where its original inhabitants came from.
Then it was roman, barbaric (longobard and more) and then a free "comune" under the La Scala family, also referred as The Scaligeri.
Then Venice, then France, then Austria....
Oh my God, this may became a very long tip...
Read the wikipedia page instead... Not as rich as the italian Wiki version, but not so bad:
Here is the english Verona's wikipedia page
More Reviews (52)
- See All Verona "Urbs picta" ("painted town")
- See All Another hidden little trattoria
- See All Bike sharing service
- See All The romanesque church of San Giovanni in...
effeti's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Napier Hotels
- Kopeng Hotels
- Frankfurt am Main
- Antibes Hotels
- Varna Hotels
- Addis Ababa
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 56 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 271 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
- Posted in Travel Trento Forum "Re: Day trip by Riva Del Garda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The hidden Roman Verona"
- Commented on one of effeti's Verona travel pages
- Wrote a Review Verona "Urbs picta" ("painted town") about Walking in Verona Things to Do
- updated a Verona Travel Page "My Verona"
- Uploaded a Video to Verona
Photos in VeronaSee All Photos (123)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 56 reviews, 125 photos
- Torri del Benaco Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trani Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Montagnana Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Selinunte Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Bagnoregio Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Polignano a Mare Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (39)
Latest Verona hotel reviews
- Due Torri Hotel Baglioni
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- B&B Al Filarmonico
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Tryp Verona
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2004
- Giulietta e Romeo Hotel Verona
- 528 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Hotel Torcolo
- 249 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Holiday Inn Congress Centre
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Villa Francescatti
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Montresor Hotel Giberti
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013
- Quality Hotel Saccardi Quadrante
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2013
- Holiday Inn Verona East
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 1, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Firenze Verona
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- San Pietro
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 17, 2013
- Romeo & Juliet- 108 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Arena- 117 Reviews, 198 Photos
- Piazza delle Erbe- 91 Reviews, 154 Photos
- Piazza dei Signori - Piazza Dante- 62 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Castelvecchio- 50 Reviews, 103 Photos
- The Scaligeri Tombs- 32 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Piazza Bra- 52 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Teatro Romano - Roman Theatre- 15 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Sant'Anastasia Chiesa - Church- 13 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Duomo- 16 Reviews, 34 Photos
See All Verona Things to Do