"My Verona" Top 5 Page for this destination Verona by effeti
Verona Travel Guide: 1,767 reviews and 4,550 photos
The Arena, a roman amphitheatre wich is nearly 2,000 years old, is maybe the most known symbol of Verona..... after Romeo & Juliet, of course!
It is still used for a famous open air opera festival (from the end of june to the end august) and other concerts. But, please, do not call it a "coloseum".... That's the name of the amphitheare Flavius of Rome.
The comet star arrives every year before Xmas...!
A little about me. I'm married with Laura, and we have no children. I found VT a few years ago, and was't able to leave it anymore. And i found lots of interesting people (even more than places) all around the travel & miscellaneous forums.
There are lots of good Verona tips of VTrs from all over the world.
To look at my little picture collection, please check my homepage.
Every now and then, i will add a couple of tip or two, trying to highlight something that, in my opinion, deserves it..
Ciao a tutti!
The historical center of Verona is sourrounded from threee sides by the river Adige... You cand find it everywhere... like, of course, a lot of bridges (most are modern, but one roman and one medeval).
And churches of every age everywhere. Many are real jewels of architecture.
In the picture, a sample of one of all those elements.
The church is the "Duomo", a romanesque facade and a bell tower of a quite different style
Verona was called in latin "Urbs picta" since the renaissance, because most of its building were painted. The most... more travel advice
Verona has, as any other town, parking space along the street. But most of them are paying place and, worst of all,... more travel advice
- See All Another hidden little trattoria
- See All Free Wi-fi hotspots in Verona
- See All Marry me in Verona!
effeti's Related Pages
Verona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Verona "my town""
- "Verona - The City of Balconies"
- "Architecture & dancingqueens reaching for the sky"
- "My Verona"
- "Operas in the Arena"
- "Verona, a living museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Verona
- Hotels in Verona
- Transportation in Verona
- Nightlife in Verona
- Restaurants in Verona
- Shopping in Verona
- Warnings and Dangers in Verona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Verona
- 56 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 271 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Verona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Verona
- Posted in Travel Trento Forum "Re: Day trip by Riva Del Garda"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The hidden Roman Verona"
- Commented on one of effeti's Verona travel pages
- Wrote a Review Verona "Urbs picta" ("painted town") about Walking in Verona Things to Do
- updated a Verona Travel Page "My Verona"
- Uploaded a Video to Verona
Photos in VeronaSee All Photos (123)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 56 reviews, 125 photos
- Torri del Benaco Intro, 20 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Trani Intro, 13 reviews, 25 photos
- Rome Intro, 11 reviews, 25 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Montagnana Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Selinunte Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Bagnoregio Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lecce Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Polignano a Mare Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos