"My Verona" Top 5 Page for this destination Verona by effeti

Verona Travel Guide: 1,718 reviews and 4,381 photos

The Arena and its comet star

The Arena, a roman amphitheatre wich is nearly 2,000 years old, is maybe the most known symbol of Verona..... after Romeo & Juliet, of course!
It is still used for a famous open air opera festival (from the end of june to the end august) and other concerts. But, please, do not call it a "coloseum".... That's the name of the amphitheare Flavius of Rome.
The comet star arrives every year before Xmas...!

A little about me. I'm married with Laura, and we have no children. I found VT a few years ago, and was't able to leave it anymore. And i found lots of interesting people (even more than places) all around the travel & miscellaneous forums.

There are lots of good Verona tips of VTrs from all over the world.
To look at my little picture collection, please check my homepage.

Every now and then, i will add a couple of tip or two, trying to highlight something that, in my opinion, deserves it..

Ciao a tutti!

Francesco

A river, a few bridges and a lot of churches

The historical center of Verona is sourrounded from threee sides by the river Adige... You cand find it everywhere... like, of course, a lot of bridges (most are modern, but one roman and one medeval).
And churches of every age everywhere. Many are real jewels of architecture.
In the picture, a sample of one of all those elements.
The church is the "Duomo", a romanesque facade and a bell tower of a quite different style

• Intro Updated Feb 14, 2010

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Bon jorno, Francesco! You have created a great story about this picturesque historical city... Thanks for sharing your memories....

• effeti's Profile Photo
      Mar 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thank you very much for taking the time to read it...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM

You‘ve added lots of useful updates and new tips since I last looked at this page in August 2006.

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2010 at 2:15 AM

Wonderful page full of interesting tips. They will be useful during my next weekend there. Thanks for sharing. *N*

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Thanks for replying to my question about Venice - we also plan on spending two nights in Verona towards the end of our trip, I'll be back to check some of your tips!

• alza's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2010 at 8:26 AM

grazie. È vero... mi pensava preparata (superbia!) pero la mia mamma è testarda! ed io, la capisco! :) -- mi piace tanto la cometa!

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 8:10 AM

That Comet blows my mind. At first I thought you must have photoshopped it. Jut great!!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2009 at 12:19 PM

What a wonderful cover picture of the comet star. The city is wonderful and wish I can take more time to stroll the streets again soon. History is strong and pride is forte. Ciao

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Ciao "Featured Member!" Questi pagini sono bellissimi! Grazie mille.

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2009 at 2:55 AM

That's one stunning opening pix! Will now check more of your city! Hahaha... love your sense of humor! Let's see if anything good happen on Valentine's Day next year! Oh, in Verona too! ;-)

• Mazely's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Dopo i vostri consigli su Venezia, ho concluso che sarebbe una buona idea anche leggere i tips di Verona. Ho preso notta delle informazione sui ristoranti, sono davvero interessanti, gli proverò. Un ottimo Natale e Felice 2009!

effeti Lives Here!

effeti

“With your loved one and friends travelling is better!”

Badges & Stats in Verona